Notification LED blinking spontaneously
Hello, I am using the latest Arch with Phosh. In Phosh, there is a behaviour: when a notification arrives, the front LED starts to blink. However, sometimes I see the LED blinking for seemingly no reason, there are no notifications in the drop down menu. I tried to disable notifications for all apps except for Calls and Chats without effect. The main problem is that when it happens, the battery depletes much faster. For example, in the night it starts to blink. In the morning, battery is from 100% to 30%. Other night, everything works as expected and battery is at around 90%. I Don't know if the LED alone has that much power consumption, or if the phone cancels CRUST, or if something else happens. I can't say the exact frequency of it happening, maybe a few times a day. How can I go about it? I am wondering if there is a way to find out what is triggering the LED, perhaps some notification events history. Hope that this is written understandably, I tried to include the needed information. I will also provide more information if needed.
The only thing I can think off the top of my head is that the LED blinks for ages when it's going into standby. It blinks too long, in my opinion!
Arch Phosh (PP); firmware: 0.7.1; ADSP: 003
(11-13-2022, 08:35 AM)cone99 Wrote: The only thing I can think off the top of my head is that the LED blinks for ages when it's going into standby. It blinks too long, in my opinion!

Agree, but I don't completely understand how do you mean that. Can't it go into standby while blinking? Does it stop blinking on its own? I can also add my todays experience. I received an SMS which I did not check for some time. When I looked at my Pinephone, it was warm and battery lost 10%. Really annoying, seems some unnesesary computation is going on.
(11-14-2022, 11:05 AM)boloton Wrote: Agree, but I don't completely understand how do you mean that. Can't it go into standby while blinking? Does it stop blinking on its own? I can also add my todays experience. I received an SMS which I did not check for some time. When I looked at my Pinephone, it was warm and battery lost 10%. Really annoying, seems some unnesesary computation is going on.

It blinks to warn its going into standby and goes on for about a minute beforehand before stopping.

Are you running an updated Arch Phosh or the original release image? I noticed significant battery improvement two or three kernel updates back. And Phosh is smoother now.

I wouldn't update just yet though as some of us are having major issues with recent updates and the phone won't load the desktop. See here.
Updated, kernel 6.0.2-3-danctnix Phosh 0.21.1. I'm thinking it might relate to another issue I have. Cellular connection gets lost sometimes ranging from a few seconds to several hours. Maybe it warns about being disconnected/reconnected. Maybe I will try and test the behaviour without a SIM card.
I did some testing yesterday. You are right that it blinks when it's going to suspend. Exactly 15 minutes after I turn off the screen the blinking starts, another 15 minutes and phone suspends. In this half an hour, battery went 80%>75%. Then I woke up the phone and left it as is for 15 hours 24 minutes, battery 75%>58%. Also the frequency of blinking differs when going into suspend(cca. 0,43[Hz]) and a missed call(cca. 2,24[Hz]). Anyway this still does not explain the original problem when it started heating for no apparent reason. Now I at least have some more knowledge about the blinking and I will keep a look if something unexpected happens.
I find the whole experience a bit of a lottery to be honest. Battery lost just 9% over night, last night. Other nights it's much higher. I also find rebooting at least once a day helps clean things up.

My main gripe is the audio settings going missing, making calls impossible. So I keep checking this!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma-mobile desktop notification firefox-58 1 1,778 06-29-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: acrux