Through hole LEDs
There are two unpopulated sets of vias for LED's on the board between the power switch and the IR socket.  I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are for.
This has been discussed a while ago.
The left one is simply connected to GPIO PL7 and can be controlled by software and the other is the "Charge" status of the PMU for battery charger.
(07-14-2016, 07:23 AM)martinayotte Wrote: This has been discussed a while ago.
The left one is simply connected to GPIO PL7 and can be controlled by software and the other is the "Charge" status of the PMU for battery charger.

Thanks!  That brings up one more, how is the charge status indicator supposed to behave?
Since I don't use battery, the charger is useless for me.
But I presume that this LED is glowing while charging and will turn off when battery reach proper charge level.
(07-15-2016, 08:04 AM)martinayotte Wrote: Since I don't use battery, the charger is useless for me.
But I presume that this LED is glowing while charging and will turn off when battery reach proper charge level.

I have used a battery with the pine64, and the charge led doesn't work for me. I believe the PMIC chip needs configuring before it controls the LED Sad
Yes there needs to be a bit set in register 32h on the PMIC. I want to do that via pmc_init() in the ATF, unless someone has a better idea?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEDs near the Switches victagayun 1 2,979 10-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: tllim