Cannot send or receive calls
I cannot send/receive calls through my mobile carrier, but I have no problems with data or sending/receiving sms.
When I make a call it loads the xsmo menu for the call for one second, then terminates.
I have also tried this using manjaro-phosh, and the problem is the same, so I doubt its specifically a postmarketOS problem, but since I'm using postmarketOS I'm not sure if I can use openrc to get the error with the phone or what the best course of action is.
I have installed the firmware from https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pine...k/releases.
The modem log simply gives the timestamp saying call started then the phone number on the next line. Then the next entry gives the same timestamp one second later than the first and says call_finished with the same phone number I called.
I'm at a loss as to what to do. I did get a replacement board for this phone since the ram went bad in it and this sim card was working previously. I don't think there's a problem with how I installed the phone because like I said it is connecting to the mobile network and I can send/receive data and sms. However, I'm at a loss and about to give up.
Hi.
How are you, is it working for you? I recently tried on PP postmarketOS build version 20221026-0436-postmarketOS-v22.06-phosh-18-pine64-pinephone.
Mobile data and sms worked, but the sound did not work when playing video in the browser or when calling.
In the sound settings, the items for selecting an audio device were inactive.
Pulseaudio seemed to be running, rc-service showed. Entering the following commands in the console did not restore sound.

Code:
sudo rc-service pulseaudio restart
Code:
sudo rc-service -i pulseaudio restart
Code:
sudo rc-service -I pulseaudio restart

In the end, just installing the updates with the commands:
Code:
sudo apk update

Code:
sudo apk upgrade -a

Then after turning PP off and on, items appeared in the sound settings and the sound started working. Smile
(10-02-2022, 04:42 PM)insidetrip101 Wrote: I cannot send/receive calls through my mobile carrier, but I have no problems with data or sending/receiving sms.
When I make a call it loads the xsmo menu for the call for one second, then terminates.
I have also tried this using manjaro-phosh, and the problem is the same, so I doubt its specifically a postmarketOS problem, but since I'm using postmarketOS I'm not sure if I can use openrc to get the error with the phone or what the best course of action is.
I have installed the firmware from https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pine...k/releases.
The modem log simply gives the timestamp saying call started then the phone number on the next line. Then the next entry gives the same timestamp one second later than the first and says call_finished with the same phone number I called.
I'm at a loss as to what to do. I did get a replacement board for this phone since the ram went bad in it and this sim card was working previously. I don't think there's a problem with how I installed the phone because like I said it is connecting to the mobile network and I can send/receive data and sms. However, I'm at a loss and about to give up.
I can confirm I am experiencing similar issues on mobian, so it should be related to phosh indeed, not your hardware or your modem firmware (I am using PP with stock firmware). Basicaly everything was fine with the sound until last august updates, pushing me to reflash the device without improvement in the end. Incoming calls break sms until next reboot too. Overall the situation change constantly every weekly update (with some sligth improvements alyernating with regressions) indicating people are actively working on it. I don't have any fix or solution, I am more in a "wait and see" position..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calls don't work on Softbank. Cellular data & SMS work. yasmi 1 1,542 03-24-2022, 04:10 AM
Last Post: yasmi
  Phosh beta 10, no send button on Chatty? Rainer 0 1,583 05-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Rainer
  sxmo image Verizon calls and SMS work! Saliency 8 8,490 08-22-2020, 03:28 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut
  Making Calls Zweitaktmotor 11 15,358 07-19-2020, 04:59 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut