Cellular internet
ara the username and password a must for APN settings ?

when i ping to 8.8.8.8 for example i get: "network is unreachable"

or do i need to do or configue somathing else ?

ezik
(09-16-2022, 11:28 AM)shulamy Wrote: ara the username and password a must for APN settings ?

ezik
exacly speaking, you need to check settings from a carrier, like from the website.

for most carriers apn: "internet" works, other settings could be blank.

if you have previous device, then you could check what those settings were, sim card swapping might be required.

following link is bloated: https://android.googlesource.com/device/sample/+/master/etc/apns-full-conf.xml
this link includes default settings for average android device, because it is provided by google or device manufacturer, settings could be wrong.
(09-16-2022, 01:56 PM)zetabeta Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 11:28 AM)shulamy Wrote: ara the username and password a must for APN settings ?

ezik
exacly speaking, you need to check settings from a carrier, like from the website.

for most carriers apn: "internet" works, other settings could be blank.

if you have previous device, then you could check what those settings were, sim card swapping might be required.

following link is bloated: https://android.googlesource.com/device/sample/+/master/etc/apns-full-conf.xml
this link includes default settings for average android device, because it is provided by google or device manufacturer, settings could be wrong.

i forgot that the sim is secondary  can this be the reason?

ezik
(09-16-2022, 03:43 PM)shulamy Wrote:  i forgot that the sim is secondary  can this be the reason?

ezik
i don't totally get this point. pinephone has only one sim slot. do you mean secondary to wifi? networkmanager can use what's available.

you didn't say what o.s. (mobian, postmarketos, manjaro, etc) and user interface (plasma, phosh, sxmo). if plasma, i noticed that mobiledata barely works, actually it didn't. i couldn't set settings at all.
(09-16-2022, 04:57 PM)zetabeta Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 03:43 PM)shulamy Wrote:  i forgot that the sim is secondary  can this be the reason?

ezik
i don't totally get this point. pinephone has only one sim slot. do you mean secondary to wifi? networkmanager can use what's available.

you didn't say what o.s. (mobian, postmarketos, manjaro, etc) and user interface (plasma, phosh, sxmo). if plasma, i noticed that mobiledata barely works, actually it didn't. i couldn't set settings at all.

it's a manjaro forum and it's phosh

secondary sim is for a car and supposed to support calls only

ezik
(09-17-2022, 12:25 AM)shulamy Wrote:  it's a manjaro forum and it's phosh

ezik

if operator has blocked mobile data, then it's calls only (and sms). you have to stick to the wifi (or ethernet).
(09-17-2022, 06:46 AM)zetabeta Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:25 AM)shulamy Wrote:  it's a manjaro forum and it's phosh

ezik

if operator has blocked mobile data, then it's calls only (and sms). you have to stick to the wifi (or ethernet).

ok. so have to replace to primery sim.

thanks

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight mode turns off wifi but not the modem (cellular) jojuma 2 1,280 02-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro Plasma Beta and Cellular Data Service Fred Zyphal 7 4,879 03-17-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  No cellular connection after update on Manjaro ARM (kde) Valaki 5 4,601 12-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Valaki