Slackware
Rainbow 
I published a small script that will create a bootable microSD card running SlackwareARM 14.2 @ https://bitbucket.org/gwenhael/pine64-slackware

Enjoy and contribute.
(07-12-2016, 10:44 AM)gwenhael Wrote: I published a small script that will create a bootable microSD card running SlackwareARM 14.2 @ https://bitbucket.org/gwenhael/pine64-slackware

Enjoy and contribute.

This is very nice!

You should consider adding a warning about the possibility of wiping out the hard-disk if one enters the wrong device path. Just as precaution...

It's great work. I'll try it later.
unfortunately i made the mistake of running this script on my daily debian mate build. that build now locks up at 12secs into boot. so, i'd say that it is risky to run on this script. everyday build that one uses. i'm open to any ideas to try to salvage that build.
(07-12-2016, 07:04 PM)dkryder Wrote: unfortunately i made the mistake of running this script on my daily debian mate build. that build now locks up at 12secs into boot.  so, i'd say that it is risky to run on this script. everyday  build that one uses. i'm open to any ideas to try to salvage that build.

You ran it on the pine64 directly? /dev/mmcblk0 was your root disk?

If so I'm afraid you have to reinstall your microSD from scratch Sad

Added some a safety check and a chance to quit.
(07-12-2016, 11:07 PM)gwenhael Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 07:04 PM)dkryder Wrote: unfortunately i made the mistake of running this script on my daily debian mate build. that build now locks up at 12secs into boot.  so, i'd say that it is risky to run on this script. everyday  build that one uses. i'm open to any ideas to try to salvage that build.

what i did was format a new 16GB SD card. then i put that card into a usb sd card device and plugged it into a powered hub. the script was on that new SD  card. I changed directory and ran script from usb drive. i read script but did not study it extensively i just figured it would create slackware SD  card. the script downloaded a couple files and appeared to be working however the slackware card was not setup right and the debian o/s which was my useable sd card now stops booting @ 16 or so sec mark  last log entry about hdmi issue of some sort. the o/s appears to be as it should as best i can tell.  i've kept it for research to see if the problem is able to be fixed.
(07-13-2016, 03:11 AM)dkryder Wrote:

what i did was format a new 16GB SD card. then i put that card into a usb sd card device and plugged it into a powered hub. the script was on that new SD  card. I changed directory and ran script from usb drive. i read script but did not study it extensively i just figured it would create slackware SD  card. the script downloaded a couple files and appeared to be working however the slackware card was not setup right and the debian o/s which was my useable sd card now stops booting @ 16 or so sec mark  last log entry about hdmi issue of some sort. the o/s appears to be as it should as best i can tell.  i've kept it for research to see if the problem is able to be fixed.

What parameters did you pass to the script?
(07-13-2016, 03:41 AM)gwenhael Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 03:11 AM)dkryder Wrote:

What parameters did you pass to the script?
i made the assumption that the script had default parameters [and this may be were i went wrong] such that if nothing was passed to the script, the script would run and create a basic image of slackware. i figured, probably wrong, that the first run of the image was when settings would be set. looking back i just did not spend enough time reading the script.