What will you be using your PINE64 for?
And I can't wait designing a casing for this little big-guy! Has to be something subtle, minimalistic (like the Fractal Design casings for PC's), but also very eye-catching. Gonna be some months of designing, testing and more Smile
Car PC (to replace my Pioneer Appradio which is expensive and limited in functionality since you still need to plug in a phone to get any kind of use out of it outside of the features of a regular deck)

HTPC for Kodi

And maybe replace the CCTV cameras here at the curling rink since the ones we have aren't sharp enough picture and it seems like any good CCTV camera is expensive
(01-25-2016, 04:09 PM)CanadianIceTech Wrote: Car PC (to replace my Pioneer Appradio which is expensive and limited in functionality since you still need to plug in a phone to get any kind of use out of it outside of the features of a regular deck)

HTPC for Kodi

And maybe replace the CCTV cameras here at the curling rink since the ones we have aren't sharp enough picture and it seems like any good CCTV camera is expensive

I have no idea what curling is(I'm American) but that sounds pretty neat to replace the app radio deck. I don't know about your deck but couldn't you hook up the Pine64 along side your current deck? Or are the features of this deck that restrictive?
I simply bought mine because the price to performance is insane, by far the best of any SBC, fullsize computer, or smartphone that I am aware of.

Mine will probably serve as a personal server for various experiments, that my RPi B Rev1 cannot handle.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Hi, I will use mine Pine A64+ to a media center.
Expect to add a USB HD (3-6GB) for video / music storage. I'm not sure is I will use the 3.5mm phone output for audio. It's depending on the sound quality. I might use the Bluetooth extension and connect to an external A/D converter or add a HIFI add on A/D converter. 
Software will be Android and Kodi.

My dream is to build it all into a modified HiFi amplifier box where I will add a power supply and a Class D amplifier (2*150W) as well. Adding a DIY audio control board with input selection and volume / balance control.
(01-25-2016, 04:19 PM)Nilocsemliw Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 04:09 PM)CanadianIceTech Wrote: Car PC (to replace my Pioneer Appradio which is expensive and limited in functionality since you still need to plug in a phone to get any kind of use out of it outside of the features of a regular deck)

HTPC for Kodi

I have no idea what curling is(I'm American) but that sounds pretty neat to replace the app radio deck. I don't know about your deck but couldn't you hook up the Pine64 along side your current deck? Or are the features of this deck that restrictive?

Currently, to get navigation I have to get a special cable to hook up my phone to the deck, and have the parking brake bypass switch. So without going that route, it's no more than a regular deck except it happens to support a 2TB seagate backup plus drive. My original plan was to install a tablet, but I couldn't find any without the charging port on the bottom in landscape mode, and the software side was a little difficult to get working. I'm hoping that I can hook up front and rear view cameras to the pine64 and use it to record the video as dash cams.
I want to get Emulation Station running on the Pine :-)
Hi All,

I'm planning to build a portable, energy efficient computer for general computer use on the go. PINE64 is a likely candidate as the backbone of this project. I've been feeling out different board for this project, including RPi2, which is close, but not quite up to snuff. Wanderboard and Bunnie's Novena board are on the radar, too. I have a good feeling about this PINE64 board, but we'll see when my Kickstarter order lands!

About the device I'm building:

It will use interchangeable LiPo batteries (my standard multirotor power supply, which I have a collection of already) and will have a hand-crafted (by me) human interface device in the shape of a keyboard with mechanical keys (Cherry MX White, FTW!) and an ATmega brain. The enclosure will likely be made of wood, leather, brass, and a solar panel (I build mandolins and knives, so I have lots of fun ideas, and the skills to make/see this part through) I'd like to add a DAC and small amplifier/speakers for some mid-fi tunes on the go. A plethora of interface options for programming Arduinos, chips, serial interfaces, etc. It will be a centerpiece of my "Maker's toolbox" so power outputs will be required. In my dreams, I see dual monitors unfolding over the mechanical keyboard from a small wooden crate with a brass handle - like a vintage transforming luggage. When it's folded up, might just look like some old luggage or shoebox in your grandfather's closet. It should have room to hold a couple small screwdrivers, and a pair of small wire snippers, too.

In a perfect world, it would be running Arch Linux with an i3wm desktop environment, but I'm just as happy to run a systemd instance of Debian, or whatever shakes out as this community unfolds (i3wm, regardless of which distro).

This creation will look like nothing TSA or the rest of the world has ever seen. It will send coffee shop nerds, librarians, and anyone who sits near me on a plane reaching for their noise cancelling headphones in fear from the thunderous roar of my mechanical key chatter and Rage Against the Machine booming from MPD/MPC. I will leave all those who witness me using it bewildered by the fact that a computer can be used without a mouse or touchpad.

Cheers!
Im at the $89 Level and plan to use as a media center (probably running PLEX) - I'd like to run Netflix at 4K - but this depends on it supporting the HDCP 2.2 standard as this is required for both Netflix 4k and Amazon Prime 4K (which is why some of the dedicated media boxes that do 4K cant do 4K on those services) ....

I mentioned this elsewhere - can anyone confirm the HDCP issue ?
Off the top of my head I will use it as an OctoPrint server for my 3D printer, or maybe a Kodi player.

Other than that, who knows?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question External storage problem for pine64 Dani6102 4 1,754 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Pine64 as wireless audio device S265 3 3,306 04-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Pine64(+) and manjaro dsychan 0 1,165 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsychan
Thumbs Down Pine64 was a Useless Project pushpendrak 18 28,889 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 LCD rstcologne 0 3,138 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: rstcologne
  Pine64+ power button PaddyChan 0 2,788 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: PaddyChan
  Pine64 OS dpcons 2 4,977 03-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: dpcons
  Jailhouse supports Pine64+ vj-kumar 0 2,848 02-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: vj-kumar
  PINE64 board not powering up loki21century 2 5,614 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Pine64 not powering up. skylab 5 7,287 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM