Color is messed up
Just booted up my Pine64 for the first time - the color is all messed up. 
Tried both Android and Linux boots. The monitor and cable work fine with my laptop.
I'm assuming it's a hardware fault. Any ideas? How do I go about getting it replaced?

Ah, so it's because I'm using a DVI to HDMI converter. I'd forgotten it was there since it works fine with my laptop and Raspberry Pi.
I'll have to find something with a true HDMI input to test it on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-11-2016, 10:29 PM)scarabus Wrote: Just booted up my Pine64 for the first time - the color is all messed up. 
Tried both Android and Linux boots. The monitor and cable work fine with my laptop.
I'm assuming it's a hardware fault. Any ideas? How do I go about getting it replaced?

This occurs due to the monitor wanting to output RGB colour, but the Pine64 wanting the monitor to output YPbPr colour. This results in green/pink tints. 

Some monitors have an option to change from RGB to YPbPr in the menu settings. 

Plugging into a HDMI source rather than via a VGA/DVI adapter side-steps this issue.

See also this thread, this thread, this thread and this thread.

(07-11-2016, 10:29 PM)scarabus Wrote: Just booted up my Pine64 for the first time - the color is all messed up. 

Ah, so it's because I'm using a DVI to HDMI converter. I'd forgotten it was there since it works fine with my laptop and Raspberry Pi.
I'll have to find something with a true HDMI input to test it on.

Ah, you figured it out already, good.
Thanks for the explanation!