SUNVOX - Software installation related topic
Hi and good morning,
Yesterday on my CHIP Next Thing Co. I download Sunvox, program for creating music. It runs with included raspberry pi executables without any problems. Today I dl it for Pine and tried to run but without any success. I am not so in Linux stuff (just regular user with lack of knowledge for programming) so I wonder is there a way to run this interesting program on Pine64 ?
Some one more experienced to help here ?
I am using Lenny's Debian Mate latest version release.
Regards,
You have to get the source and compile it. I have a chip too and can try. If I succeed, I can make a howto for you. Do you have a link to git-repo or source for compiling?
The chip has a different allwinner implementation too (arm7 32 bit branch on AllWinner A13 SoC vs the pine's aarch64 64 bit branch on AllWinner A64 SoC), so it might not be possible and clearly not straight-forward. :-)
Found it. There's no 64 bit arm support. Post on the SunVox forum and ask if NightRadio can compile a version for aarch64. Up to version 1.3b is open source. 1.4-1.9 is closed source, so you need binarys for it to work on the Pine64.
I sent the developer of SunVox, Alexander Zolotov, a message on FaceBook asking for him to compile a version for Pine64 and told him I can do it for him if he supplies the source if he can't be assed to do it himself. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Time will show. Smile
Thank you very much for this help. I think it is very interesting software and will help a lot of people here also Smile

(07-10-2016, 12:20 AM)CaptainZalo Wrote: You have to get the source and compile it. I have a chip too and can try. If I succeed, I can make a howto for you. Do you have a link to git-repo or source for compiling?
The chip has a different allwinner implementation too (arm7 32 bit branch on AllWinner A13 SoC vs the pine's aarch64 64 bit branch on AllWinner A64 SoC), so it might not be possible and clearly not straight-forward. :-)

On CHIP it works with Raspberry PI version without problem.
The problem is with PINE 64 and I hope you'll suceed with it.
(07-10-2016, 04:04 AM)CaptainZalo Wrote: I sent the developer of SunVox, Alexander Zolotov, a message on FaceBook asking for him to compile a version for Pine64 and told him I can do it for him if he supplies the source if he can't be assed to do it himself. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Time will show. Smile

Thanks on approaching SunVox. If they need a Pine64 board for their development, just PM their shipping info and I will ship out.
I haven't received a reply from Mr Zolotov. Going to try his email.
Got a reply. Alexander "NightRadio" Zolotov was flattered to get contacted and said he'll make an aarch64 version when he has time. He was also positive to test it on an actual pine board. I sent you his contact info, tllim.
(07-15-2016, 12:16 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote: Got a reply. Alexander "NightRadio" Zolotov was flattered to get contacted and said he'll make an aarch64 version when he has time. He was also positive to test it on an actual pine board. I sent you his contact info, tllim.

Thanks on your effort. I will immediately ship out one Pine A64+ 2GB board to him on Monday.
Alex says he'll implement aarch64 support in 1.9.2 (coming soon). :-D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenWRT installation guide Sander 0 3,087 07-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Sander
  ARM Trusted Firmware and date time related problems Gasz2 4 6,344 01-09-2017, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Gasz2
  [2/5/2016][DEPRECATED]Script to automate GUI installation on Ubuntu Terra854 34 43,379 05-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Last Post: CaptainZalo