Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on.
I have three Pinephones one phone is on stock firmware, one phone is the opensource firmware, and the other phone I flashed the open source firmware but returned it back to stock firmware. The phone I know is on stock firmware I know which one it is but I need to know which is on the opensource firmware and to know if the stock firmware took in the second phone. Is there an AT command or some other command to tell me what firmware I am on?
(07-05-2022, 09:31 PM)purpletiger Wrote: I have three Pinephones one phone is on stock firmware, one phone is the opensource firmware, and the other phone I flashed the open source firmware but returned it back to stock firmware. The phone I know is on stock firmware I know which one it is but I need to know which is on the opensource firmware and to know if the stock firmware took in the second phone. Is there an AT command or some other command to tell me what firmware I am on?

sudo journalctl -u eg25-manager
Search thru the lines ...I'm on Mobiam.  Smile
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#Firmware_update

is the "AT+QGMR", what you are looking for! although command could be little different for opensource firmware than stock firmware. that command is NOT listed in AT documentation.
(07-06-2022, 04:40 AM)zetabeta Wrote: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#Firmware_update

is the "AT+QGMR", what you are looking for! although command could be little different for opensource firmware than stock firmware. that command is NOT listed in AT documentation.

Yes, that does show the firmware thank you.
(07-05-2022, 09:31 PM)purpletiger Wrote: I have three Pinephones one phone is on stock firmware, one phone is the opensource firmware, and the other phone I flashed the open source firmware but returned it back to stock firmware. The phone I know is on stock firmware I know which one it is but I need to know which is on the opensource firmware and to know if the stock firmware took in the second phone. Is there an AT command or some other command to tell me what firmware I am on?

Just curious, what was your experience with the open source firmware versus stock firmware? My pinephone came with the "001" factory firmware which I updated to "002". It works well most of the time, but on occasion it doesn't initialize properly when the phone boots up. Restarting eg25-manager sometimes fixes this, but in some cases it's necessary to power-cycle the phone to make a call. I've also seen the modem drop out when the phone is on for a while but it usually comes back on its own in 30 to 60 seconds. Another issue is if I'm on a call and another comes in the first call usually is terminated. Fortunately these are only occasional problems, most of the time things work just fine.

Did you find the open source firmware to be any more stable than stock?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 1,352 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 364 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 14 5,233 03-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  modem not working michelinux 0 868 02-16-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: michelinux
  modem not detected al_x 3 4,074 02-15-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: fxc
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 5,103 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  The modem does not recognize Korean SIM cards (what?) bdicewk 9 3,869 06-13-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Modem Hardware bad? Not ready for 5g?? linux76 8 4,493 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Modem in failed state, not sending/receiving SMS brb78 5 3,513 03-31-2022, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Modem Dead? grimlok 5 3,314 03-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: bcnaz