Case for Pinephone
Hi, I've bought PinePhone (not PinePhone Pro) and needless to say, without the case (a silicone back case or some other)  the phone in a bag gets various scratches from things inside.
I have seen a similar post, but it's quote oldish. I hope there is something new. Is there anything specially designed for PinePhone? Perhaps you have several back cases and don't need one, I could buy it from you. 
Other phones' cases can sometimes fit, but they sometimes cover a camera, or a headphones' hole, or the volume buttons don't fit the design.
Hopefully, there are some options apart from sewing something  Rolleyes
My opinion is that we(as a community) find a phone model of similar size which matches the button placement and we can cut a camera hole cutout, for the heavier 'armor' cases we can use an acetone/ABS plastic glue to close up the camera holes in the wrong place.
There are so many phone models now on the market that I believe thate simply must be a phone with nearly identical footprint, thickness, and button placement; we can fix the camera placement but even that might find a match.
It would take only a few of us taking out PPs to phone shops and trying out case covers. 77x160,10mm is what I measure.
If I find the time I can make a STL for a crude heavy phone case for 3D printing and post it at Thingiverse and cut/paste the OpenSCAD code here, maybe search the forum as I recall seeing one or more posted already.
(edit)
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=pin...t=relevant
you can print the above cases or use a 3D print service to make and ship to you. ABS is good for hard parts though some of these are designed for more flexible TPU prints.
(edit 2)
-I like this case as it gives you an access door to our hardware kill switches, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4759646
-this model is perfect as a negative to remove a pinephone sized empty space inside a simple parametric 'armor' https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4520124
-this open-backed case seems smart considering how hot a pinephone can get even in sleep https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4238628
Is the PP close in dimensions to the apple iphone 7 and 8?
I have to guess they started with some basis when designing.
One of the better matches I have found is the Galaxy S20 Ultra at 6.57” x 3” x .35”. The PP is slightly shorter and thicker.

I recently acquired nylon and faux leather holsters that fit well.  I also got this Encased case & holster.  The PP doesn't go quite all the way into the case because of the extra thickness and that causes the sides to bulge a bit and not slip easily in and out of the holster.  The volume & power buttons do line-up and the camera hole is positioned fine for the PP (though larger than needed).  I'm going to order the hard shell from the Pine Store as I suspect it will slip right into the Encased holster.
At the end of the day, I've bought, I think an iPhone's case, and the buttons don't match, it's a little bit too small, but in general much better than what it used to be when there was no case and everything scratched against its back and screen.
I am now quite satisfied (plus a beautiful case that I like!), but I just only have to take it off a little when pluggingin headphones and pressing 'on/off' buttons and sound.
But U can live with it.
Looks quite nice. I like it!
(08-02-2022, 12:07 AM)totilele Wrote: At the end of the day, I've bought, I think an iPhone's case, and the buttons don't match, it's a little bit too small, but in general much better than what it used to be when there was no case and everything scratched against its back and screen.
I am now quite satisfied (plus a beautiful case that I like!), but I just only have to take it off a little when pluggingin headphones and pressing 'on/off' buttons and sound.
But U can live with it.

Be a hacker, drill a hole for the 3.5mm jack and Dremel or hand cut for the volume rocker, USB, and power switch.
(08-02-2022, 12:17 PM)biketool Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 12:07 AM)totilele Wrote: At the end of the day, I've bought, I think an iPhone's case, and the buttons don't match, it's a little bit too small, but in general much better than what it used to be when there was no case and everything scratched against its back and screen.
But U can live with it.

Be a hacker, drill a hole for the 3.5mm jack and Dremel or hand cut for the volume rocker, USB, and power switch.

No, it would ruin the beautiful case ?
I had a PP case and long story short - I used my Dremel to enlarge the USB C slot and it worked fine. One day I did drop it on hardwood floor and the case broke but not the phone. The bottom of the case of course was weakened a bit from the larger slot. After reading these comments I will look for a iphone type or Samsung case that is a near perfect fit and then as required add foam or something to make fit. Then I will glue or epoxy a ring to it and put a leather shoe lace to go around my neck. This should solve my shaky hands and clumsiness issue.
(08-04-2022, 06:15 PM)Chief Wrote: I had a PP case and long story short - I used my Dremel to enlarge the USB C slot and it worked fine. One day I did drop it on hardwood floor and the case broke but not the phone. The bottom of the case of course was weakened a bit from the larger slot. After reading these comments I will look for a iphone type or Samsung case that is a near perfect fit and then as required add foam or something to make fit. Then I will glue or epoxy a ring to it and put a leather shoe lace to go around my neck. This should solve my shaky hands and clumsiness issue.

Just round off the edges of the hole with your least favorite soldering iron.
I have seen some of the 'tacticool' cases for soldiers that look extremely tough, I just need more recommendations on the closest match at least for buttons I can drill USB and phone jack holes and if needed fill any blind holes.

==Recipe Time!==
FIlling holes and ports is easy...

Most phone cases, most electronic and toy stuff cases really, are ABS plastic. ABS dissolves in paint grade acetone(nail polish remover is 50% water not active enough).
You can dissolve ABS plastic scrap, like failed 3D prints and sprue, even wrecked Legos, and keep it in polyethylene bottle, I usually save the tough cough syrup bottles for this.
This stuff will be about as thick as white school glue or a bit thicker if you get the ratio right, I store it in the freezer and shake it for about 5 min before using.
I use toothpicks and bamboo skewers to spread it, if used for repairs you can prep the surface with a few horsehair brush (not plastic brush bristles) applications of acetone before ABS 'welding' it.
You can fill or repair to nearly new streaght, stronger if you add a few layers, give it about 12 hours to harden.
For filling an unwanted earphone port on a case you can put the phone inside a polyethylene sandwich sack(nonreactive to acetone, test your sack first!!) and put it inside the case, just put a few layers of the goop to fill the hole and sand it off, you can use acetone to smooth the sanded area.
Hi folks,

I bought two cases of phones with "similar" shapes, namely the Galaxy S20 Ultra (Otterbox Symmetry) and the Mate 9X Lite ("Fashion Design Personality Case"). Both are not what I was looking for - the gap is fixable with a 3d printed placeholder, however, due to PP being wider, you just can't put the phone face down in the case - not even thinking about dropping it. Hence, you never get any kind of Otterbox-like experience. :-(

Any suggestions for other phone models with a similar depth of the PP?

I guess I will have to try one of the fully 3D printed ones. Any recommendations regarding the material?

Other than that, I thought about getting the Otterbox Defender (Pro) for the S20 Ultra and "hacking" it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slip/Zippered Case for PP/KB? jakfish 0 166 03-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,215 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 522 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,903 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 448 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 905 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case undata 5 2,308 10-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Mouse for the PinePhone? Peter Gamma 21 14,625 10-04-2023, 10:24 AM
  PinePhone Wallet Case Shane 5 4,810 09-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: J T