C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD)
(07-08-2016, 08:29 PM)Bluphire Wrote: UPDATE:

Hey Mathew,

Thanks so much for the input. I actually borrowed a board from one of my customers so I could make a case for it. The Pine64 that I ordered has not arrived yet. Is there any way I can bribe you to send me your board? I would be happy to send it back with whatever case you want. I would also throw in some x-wing and tie fighter ornament kits that we cant sell online. 

- Dustin

Hey, the new nuts worked.  Yep, it's me.  I put rubber bumpers on the screen too so it can also sit LCD face down without sitting on the screws and also not slide around or mar surfaces.  The smaller ones from Home Depot or just high enough and not at offensice at the bigger one on the open side.  I am still wondering how to power a fan if attached.
See page 2 of this thread for powering your fan.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
I have the standard Zebra slim case and it looks great. Maybe took 15 or 20 minutes, half of the time peeling the protective paper off the parts (not a big deal, just noting that the actual assembly is easy) - everything fits perfectly and i assume this is laser cut.

Only gripe is that the board is a little loose in the case. I don't think it would cause an issue except perhaps in high-vibration environments but it would be nice to have some bushings on top of the board similar to the ones under it but larger and hopefully the right size to keep the board from the slight wiggling it does.

I was afraid my fan was DOA as I apparently used the wrong pins. Went to page 2 as per Dustin's suggestion in the last post and tried it and the fan spun right up. Very quiet and while it is not super powerful it is probably more than adequate especially with that cute little heatsink that came with the kit.

I will be getting more c4labs stuff in the future, I predict. dunno if I'll get another pine64, sopine, rock64, or what but I don't see not wanting one of these cases unless I am trying to purpose build something waterproof or the like.

------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
After a week I definitely notice the fan sound a bit more, but that's only if the TV and A/C are off. It's quieter than both, and my guess is it isn't necessary to function though I will probably try to stress test the PINE64 to see if I can get it hot enough to be a concern. Still very happy- it is attractive, affordable and pretty easy to assemble. As I'm starting to get hooked on these PINE devices, I could see getting more of these cases in the future.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(07-14-2017, 01:01 AM)zer0sig Wrote: After a week I definitely notice the fan sound a bit more, but that's only if the TV and A/C are off. It's quieter than both, and my guess is it isn't necessary to function though I will probably try to stress test the PINE64 to see if I can get it hot enough to be a concern. Still very happy- it is attractive, affordable and pretty easy to assemble. As I'm starting to get hooked on these PINE devices, I could see getting more of these cases in the future.

Are you running the fan at full speed ?

... if you drive the fan via 2N2222 transistor using a pwm signal ( 5v switched on|off with a duty cycle of 80% ) the fan will spin slower and almost completely silently;  I wrote a script ( python ) which does this with software pwm , and has a mechanism ( signals ) that allow switching the motor between high and low speed under program control;  if it gets above a certain temp, or if you just want to, the fan can be switched to high speed for a while.

See this link:

See this link also:
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
i love my c4 labs case
i had to modify it a bit because i couldn't get the correct battery from pine so i used a 5000mAh battery from a broken tablet. i had to use a 2mm sheet of acrylic to add a plate and change the other internal plate, to get the 2 wire battery to work i took the charge circuit and temp sensor from the 18650 power bank for the pine, i removed the battery terminals for the 18650 and removed the glass fuse, them i connected it to the lipo and put it i next to it the lipo battery also has its own bms so it works, i dont need a fan on mine but i do have a heat sink
the next upgrades id like is internal sound and a accelerometer,
i have a amp and speaker mounted in it but trying to work out how to get the audio signal from the pine to the amp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,380 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,688 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
Information Giving the Pine a trunk, a Playbox pedestal tommypine 7 9,954 07-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: selina3
  Official C4 Labs LCD Enclosure *UPDATED WITH ASSEMBLY VIDEO* Bluphire 12 24,605 01-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Do Pine sell a tablet back cover? brucezepplin 4 7,685 12-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Pine 64 in a pine box :) sgjava 5 9,456 11-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Suggestion for future cases from Pine evdboogerd 2 4,454 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Last Post: typerod
  LaserCut Pine Enclosure Macrois 10 12,958 08-31-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Standard Mounting Standoffs from the Hardware Store MarkHaysHarris777 2 4,665 08-28-2016, 02:49 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Video Acrylic enclosure for PINE A64 killor 71 87,907 08-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Last Post: killor