Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(01-23-2016, 08:47 AM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: I hope some of the upcoming modules be

GSM & GPS

and if this are going to be directly integrated with the android OS,
so no need to use 3rd party app to manage them Big Grin
and be able to use it with google maps and telephony Big Grin

Already on the upcoming module plan. However, this takes several weeks to get them up. The GSM module actually is GPRS without analog audio voice capability, will such arrangement acceptable?
well to be honest its not what im looking for.
i need a fully functional hsdpa module
cuz i want to have phone and data functionalities.
if u can recomend me a module that si compatible with android it wiuld be nice Smile

thanks!
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(01-23-2016, 08:45 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: well to be honest its not what im looking for.
i need a fully functional hsdpa module
cuz i want to have phone and data functionalities.
if u can recomend me a module that si compatible with android it wiuld be nice Smile

thanks!

I will check.
Hello Sir, any information about this module plan? Smile
I'm also interested about mobile internet capabilities and GPS, for carpc ans stuff :p

Thank you Smile
Hi, I would like to upgrade my Pine64 with SMS capabilities to send alert SMS.
I tried D-Link DWM-157 3G USB stick with the latest Longsleep's Ubuntu image but it can not work.
Is anybody have any news about compatible GSM/GPS modules for Pine64?
Thank you in advance.
(03-26-2017, 05:15 AM)pumuckly Wrote: Hi, I would like to upgrade my Pine64 with SMS capabilities to send alert SMS.
I tried D-Link DWM-157 3G USB stick with the latest Longsleep's Ubuntu image but it can not work.
Is anybody have any news about compatible GSM/GPS modules for Pine64?
Thank you in advance.

There are several eSMS services that you can subscribed such as IBM Watson, this allows you to send SMS message without additional hardware. Under certain amount and for person usage, I think the SMS service is free under Watson.
(03-28-2017, 05:39 PM)tllim Wrote: There are several eSMS services that you can subscribed such as IBM Watson, this allows you to send SMS message without additional hardware. Under certain amount and for person usage, I think the SMS service is free under Watson.

Thank you. The online eSMS services are good, but when no internet connection they are unusable. I think the alert messages (breaking a car or a house - cut internet cables) need to be using independent networks. Maybe I will try some Arduino GSM developer board.