Suspend audio issue
Has anyone figured out a way to fix the audio issue on resume with the pro?

I have been really wanting to switch from OG pinephone to my pro but without the ability to answer a call after suspend I cant do it.

Has anyone found a hack or way to make it work?
According to this issue report, it's a driver issue
https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...issues/381

This is quite frustrating as I get to choose between a phone that idles all day but can't answer a phone call, or a phone that depletes it's battery in two hours & can take a call. I've tried restarting the pipewire session without change in behavior. Also disrupts my audiobook listening experience to reboot every time I'd like to continue.
(05-13-2022, 08:23 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Has anyone figured out a way to fix the audio issue on resume with the pro?

I have been really wanting to switch from OG pinephone to my pro but without the ability to answer a call after suspend I cant do it.

What exactly is the problem? Does the phone not ring when you receive a call after suspend? Does it go to voicemail? Do you not hear audio from the other end? Do they not hear you?
I ask because I have reported audio problems, but now I can make calls after suspend (no dialtone, Settings > Sound > Output > Test does not work); I am not sure I have received a call yet.
(05-15-2022, 03:42 PM)grinzie Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 08:23 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Has anyone figured out a way to fix the audio issue on resume with the pro?

What exactly is the problem? Does the phone not ring when you receive a call after suspend? Does it go to voicemail? Do you not hear audio from the other end? Do they not hear you?
I ask because I have reported audio problems, but now I can make calls after suspend (no dialtone, Settings > Sound > Output > Test does not work); I am not sure I have received a call yet.

After it sleeps, and then wakes you can not hear the other side of the phone call. When playing back audio like from youtube for example its like 3x speed for some reason. Does not get fixed until reboot.

So like the first post said you either have to have a phone that cant suspend and crushes your battery in a few hours or a phone that you cant answer phone calls on.

I am wondering if the problem is known and someone has put a script together that can be set to run on resume from suspend to solve the issue in the mean time.
@megous I humbly and earnestly ask that you please take a look at this sometime soon, it's still a big issue in your latest v5.19.0 kernels. It's a big show stopper.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Phone Pro audio on phone calls: discussion, support and tips apink 42 11,435 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: apink
  Back/World camera working after suspend DrYak 2 791 11-14-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Any tips to improve the audio quality of calls on the PinePhone Pro? tux_life 2 1,454 05-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,050 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Outgoing audio in phone calls gone linuxfreedom 6 3,166 10-25-2022, 08:40 PM
Last Post: apink
  Audio Stuttering Issue SteveDog 0 739 10-17-2022, 12:27 PM
Last Post: SteveDog
  Audio sinks disappeared Modsognir 1 1,046 08-03-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Modsognir
  Manjaro Plasma Beta 11 sleep issue after 3/22 update Fred Zyphal 6 3,774 05-22-2022, 12:37 PM
Last Post: magdesign
  Modem turns off on suspend twzorek95 5 3,044 05-06-2022, 01:51 PM
Last Post: ertizpau
  Screen keyboard Japanese input issue Yst 1 1,148 04-30-2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: TRS-80