Tried to reinstall, died
I wanted to sell my PBP and figured I'd just reinstall from scratch. I downloaded and imaged the SD card with Manjaro, installed to the MMC, then said 'sudo reboot' and watched it shut down but it never came back up.  It's now dead.

Still charges via the 5V connector (red light there is on solid) but pressing the power button on the keyboard does nothing (no lights at all).  Tried to disconnect the battery and use the passthrough cables, reseated the MMC, flipped both switches, press the recovery button, nothing.  How the blankety blank does rebooting a system kill it?
Did you figure out how to fix it? I have the same issue. About to throw the thing in the trash...
Same here.  I have a couple of things to try but mine currently fails to come up for both EMMC and SD.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
I had this with Manjaru, a while back. I ended up having to re-install Manjaru.

FWIW, there's no reason to use the bypass cables, or assume it's a hardware problem at all.

Well, I actually just did this to my PBP, trying to install NetBSD. What I'll end up doing is disabling the eMMC (by the switch on the board) and booting to micro-sd, and then re-enabling the eMMC.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
I am in the exact same boat. I don't understand - every image besides Manjaro doesn't want to boot, I realize Manjaro gets the best kernel/fw support but whatever.

Anyways, to fix this behavior, I did the following:

DO NOT try and use a generic image from the Manjaro website. It did not work for me. Maybe you will fare better.

Grab a release image from https://github.com/manjaro-arm/pbpro-images/releases ;

Using an eMMC to USB reader (I have an ODROID one):
Code:
xz -d Manjaro-...-pbpro-XX.XX.img.xz
dd if= Manjaro-..-pbpro-XX.XX.img of=/your/eMMC/mountpoint bs=1024m
Or extract the xz and use a utility like balenaEtcher.

Seat the eMMC, screw down the back (do NOT try and operate the lid hinge while the bottom shell of the machine is off), open the lid, and boot up.
(08-20-2022, 07:12 PM)elitegamercody Wrote: I am in the exact same boat. I don't understand - every image besides Manjaro doesn't want to boot, I realize Manjaro gets the best kernel/fw support but whatever.

Anyways, to fix this behavior, I did the following:

DO NOT try and use a generic image from the Manjaro website. It did not work for me. Maybe you will fare better.

Grab a release image from https://github.com/manjaro-arm/pbpro-images/releases ;

Using an eMMC to USB reader (I have an ODROID one):
Code:
xz -d Manjaro-...-pbpro-XX.XX.img.xz
dd if= Manjaro-..-pbpro-XX.XX.img of=/your/eMMC/mountpoint bs=1024m
Or extract the xz and use a utility like balenaEtcher.

Seat the eMMC, screw down the back (do NOT try and operate the lid hinge while the bottom shell of the machine is off), open the lid, and boot up.

This fixed my boot issue. For some reason the 22.06/22.04 releases cause a kernel panic on my device. I have been verifying them using the sha provided within the release.

Is there any way to find a working OS image or a mirror to download a working eMMC image hosted somewhere by Pine? Don't understand why it is so hard to obtain the factory image.

I can get into U-Boot but it won't detect my SD card - is it not listed as an eMMC device? Are there any Pine developers who'd know what to supply to the UBoot console to boot off of an SD card? Are any of the 2022 PBP releases of Manjaro actually tested?

Thanks!