Sold my Pinephone
Greetings, 
                So I finally sold my PinePhone as I just couldn't live with trying to use it as a phone. As a device it's been great to play around with but as a phone it just didn't work out at all IMO.

I've read post on here of people saying they use it and well, good for them, if it works for you then great. However I tried Mobian and Manjaro Phosh but they just didn't work well enough for me. When I was out and about it would just go to answer phone if somebody called. If it did manage a call then when it switched from 4g to 3g it would just go silent and I would have to end the call, if I locked it to one then it would just go to answer phone again.

These problems and the terrible battery life meant I could not live with it. 

I love the idea of a real Linux phone though and would be willing to pay quite a bit more if somebody comes up with something better in the future. Kept my PineTime as apart from a few lines it has developed on the screen and the fact that it sometimes wont do anything when I press the button to active it for a while (usually works if I place it on it's charger) then I am more than happy with it for the price!

Happy to have supported the project and I let the phone go for cheap to give somebody else a chance.
(05-04-2022, 08:48 AM)Frankie Wrote: Greetings, 
                So I finally sold my PinePhone as I just couldn't live with trying to use it as a phone. As a device it's been great to play around with but as a phone it just didn't work out at all IMO.

I've read post on here of people saying they use it and well, good for them, if it works for you then great. However I tried Mobian and Manjaro Phosh but they just didn't work well enough for me. When I was out and about it would just go to answer phone if somebody called. If it did manage a call then when it switched from 4g to 3g it would just go silent and I would have to end the call, if I locked it to one then it would just go to answer phone again.

These problems and the terrible battery life meant I could not live with it. 

I love the idea of a real Linux phone though and would be willing to pay quite a bit more if somebody comes up with something better in the future. Kept my PineTime as apart from a few lines it has developed on the screen and the fact that it sometimes wont do anything when I press the button to active it for a while (usually works if I place it on it's charger) then I am more than happy with it for the price!

Happy to have supported the project and I let the phone go for cheap to give somebody else a chance.

As a person in your foot steps thanks for sharing.  I have not used mine yet as "my only phone". I may have issues you like you. Think the hype on the phone is leading some folks to jump in, we all have varied expectations. There are those of us that REALLY REALLY want this to work. For a few years I would come back and check, "is it ready yet, is it working yet, can it be just a basic phone with a browser?" The YT vids told me "yes that water is fine now".

I have confidence that there are folks totally obsessed with making this the best phone it can be. I am fairly certain (ok I am guessing) there will not be another new Pinephone past the Pro for a while. I contemplated sell off this and my Pro, then decided, "nah I'm holding and waiting, and playing along."

Can't wait to do the video where I take a hammer to my iPhone, or hey I have a Blendtech so "will it blend!!" Blending a Lithium battery has to turn out badly.

Peace!
I'm in "last chance" with mine. First was when I bought it, second was last Christmas. Like you, my number one issue has been the phone not receiving incoming calls.

In my most recent (this last week) testing. Manjaro Plasma is so far so good, but some gremlins, but at least it seems to ring when people call me. Manjaro Phosh suffered "silent" lockups - I would pick up my phone after it had been sitting for a while and find it non-responsive. Mobian Phosh failed to receive incoming calls.

I probably won't sell. If it doesn't work as a phone I might figure out something else to do with it.
Have you reached out to Manjaro/Phosh on those bugs, is there a bug reporting function within Manjaro?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,147 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,524 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 463 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 383 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,605 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,669 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 993 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma