Build quality, unable to flash to 2.18
I purchased my Pinecil back in April, and it was useful one time in the field.

The other day I wanted to upgrade to IronOS from 2.15 (stock) to 2.18, and the device appeared to not boot but would DFU.

After some digging, I discovered the issue was with bad soldering on the OLED connector. Sure enough, after a reflow, I was able to upgrade.

Unfortunately, it appears the LCD is dead after a few minutes use.

I expect that the Pinecil is out of warranty. Does anyone happen to know the part# for the OLED LCD module? I'd like to try to replace it if possible.

I'm really disappointed with the build quality on the Pinecil, and this really leaves a negative impression of the Pine brand. I buy a *lot* of commodity electronics from CN/TW and even when the build quality is questionable, it usually will function reliably. Not so with the Pinecil.
(04-21-2022, 10:31 AM)minutesgrep Wrote: I expect that the Pinecil is out of warranty. Does anyone happen to know the part# for the OLED LCD module? I'd like to try to replace it if possible.

I'm really disappointed with the build quality on the Pinecil, and this really leaves a negative impression of the Pine brand. I buy a *lot* of commodity electronics from CN/TW and even when the build quality is questionable, it usually will function reliably. Not so with the Pinecil.

Have you bought an official Pinecil (so from Pine64 store)?

Anyway, its display should be this one.