PP gets hot when speaker is active, with headset not
Hello,

when I listen to music over the speaker, the phone gets hot and the battery drains rapidly. If I plug in my headset, it cools down and the battery stops draining that quickly.
So listening to music is hardly possible without head set now.

Lately, I hear some quiet buzzing sounds, while charging, but not always and they're not regularly. Since that started, the speaker also oversteers/overdrives a bit (not just while charging, always, like it's broken).

As I said, this only started lately. Everything was fine, a week or so ago.

Might that be hardware related or do you have any clue what I could do about this?

Phone Info:
Mobian CE Edition
Debian 11.3
GNOME 3.85.5

Thank you in advance
(04-14-2022, 05:24 PM)jojuma Wrote: Hello,

when I listen to music over the speaker, the phone gets hot and the battery drains rapidly. If I plug in my headset, it cools down and the battery stops draining that quickly.
So listening to music is hardly possible without head set now.

Lately, I hear some quiet buzzing sounds, while charging, but not always and they're not regularly. Since that started, the speaker also oversteers/overdrives a bit (not just while charging, always, like it's broken).

As I said, this only started lately. Everything was fine, a week or so ago.

Might that be hardware related or do you have any clue what I could do about this?

Phone Info:
Mobian CE Edition
Debian 11.3
GNOME 3.85.5

Thank you in advance
my guess is, it's hardware issue and there is partial short circuit. may require new device altogether. still, you could test another distro using sdcard.

if you open the phone, you could check connectors and wires, if there is something going on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,371 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777
Question Pinephone speaker buzzing whenever power sent to it WaldoTheRanger 5 6,442 10-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: bcnaz