Arcade Cabinet
Hi everyone,
i have the idea to build an arcade cabinet  Smile Smile Smile
i would like to have some suggestion from all of you guys,
-which emulator is better to use for Pine? (simple and reliable)
-someone already did something like that?? any suggestion? website thai i have to visit?

I will do a guide step by step for everyone want to start something like this
I have tested multiple emulators for the pine (running android). The testresults is posted on my blog (link in my signature).
I also use "LightningLauncher" as my UI as it is extremely customizable.

I have installed FCEUX. it is NES emulator and has almost no lag running on PINE. Sound works also good. If you browse you could find around 150 maybe more, ROM's ready for download. Mednafen is a multi type console emulator but definitely require more processor power than PINE64 have.
This is try and hit-miss situation. If you do not install you will never know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you turn off the sound , the FPS in the game will rise to a comfortable , though not in all games. Window can not scale properly without video drivers Mali.
When using GL support fceux run slower than usual i suppose due to lack of mali support. Customable scrren size is great but up to 2.2x because higher values just stretch fceux's screen not the screen of game.

Sent from my P01Y using Tapatalk
(07-04-2016, 01:50 PM)janeku Wrote: I have installed FCEUX. it is NES emulator and has almost no lag running on PINE. Sound works also good. If you browse you could find around 150 maybe more, ROM's ready for download. Mednafen is a multi type console emulator but definitely require more processor power than PINE64 have.
This is try and hit-miss situation. If you do not install you will never know.

Thank you very much i will try FCEUX, have you try other emulator???

(07-04-2016, 02:00 PM)wenderfit Wrote: If you turn off the sound , the FPS in the game will rise to a comfortable , though not in all games. Window can not scale properly without video drivers Mali.

And you play without sound??? i would like to do something like an arcade console and it is nice with audio.   Shy
Someone of you guys have tryed like retropie or emulationStation on your Pine ?
they works with pine?
I would like to do an arcade cabinet , it will be nice if the emulator start directly without passing by any operation system, how can i do?
Running Pine for a week or more I realised one thing: It has no power like standard processor no matter how much we are thinking that 4 quad processor is a "race horse" . I do not try to force "hard and heavy" programs to run on it, just light ones. Even without additionl instalations, Lenny's Deb version is using around 700 MB of memory out of 1 GB. Every installed program should be lightweight and low processor consumer and I think that there is small , very small % of emulators fullfiled this request. Also, constant read-write on a sdcard make your system shorter it's lifecycle existence on sdcard.
Try yourself couple of other emulators and see what will happen. No one knows if some emulator will be installed or not, or have support for ARM processor.
Anyway, without proper hardware GL support and good written code , we can not expect miracles with this device.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arcade Cabinet SirLenuxx 2 5,132 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: SirLenuxx
  Build an Arcade Cabinet with Pine64? Bleachkon 11 19,981 08-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Ghelorn