Warning!!- sim card adapter destroyed my sim card holder on my pine phone pro
(05-15-2022, 04:36 AM)fxc Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 07:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote: There should be some notices on this weakness  !

A Friend just wiped out her brand new Pro phone just by "using this Adapter" ..!

What is worse yet  ?

How about you cannot even buy a new Pro motherboad ! 

You MUST but Another Complete phone,  because you used an adapter that came with your phone....

I would suggest to open a ticket under support.pine64.org regarding a replacement. Attaching a picture of the defect to the ticket is advised.

For clarifications, there are big warnings on both, the wiki and the printed manuals (see https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...time_setup and https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#F...stallation). The mainboard is only currently not yet available in the store, I think the regular PinePhone's Braveheart Edition didn't have replacement parts and mainboards in the store back then either and I assume it makes sense for Pine not to produce a large amount of replacement mainboards if a new hardware revision is possible for the next batch. The mainboard itself will probably be however a large part of the overall phone price.

Well what I think is that the main board as a whole is never replaced. May be there is a part which is supposed to be replaced. And I hope it will be an easy task for pine to repair it.
(06-15-2022, 02:03 AM)zakirhrp Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 04:36 AM)fxc Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 07:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote: There should be some notices on this weakness  !

A Friend just wiped out her brand new Pro phone just by "using this Adapter" ..!

What is worse yet  ?

How about you cannot even buy a new Pro motherboad ! 

You MUST but Another Complete phone,  because you used an adapter that came with your phone....

I would suggest to open a ticket under support.pine64.org regarding a replacement. Attaching a picture of the defect to the ticket is advised.

For clarifications, there are big warnings on both, the wiki and the printed manuals (see https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_Przameen and https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#F...stallation). The mainboard is only currently not yet available in the store, I think the regular PinePhone's Braveheart Edition didn't have replacement parts and mainboards in the store back then either and I assume it makes sense for Pine not to produce a large amount of replacement mainboards if a new hardware revision is possible for the next batch. The mainboard itself will probably be however a large part of the overall phone price.

Well what I think is that the main board as a whole is never replaced. May be there is a part which is supposed to be replaced. And I hope it will be an easy task for pine to repair it.

Could you clarify the question? I have trouble understanding it. The mainboards as whole can be replaced individually and from what I know should be in the store quite soon. Replacing the SIM card slot individually is not advised, as it is quite difficult for soldering experts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone yet received replacement sim/sd card holder tckosvic 19 8,486 06-16-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: fxc
Photo My PinePhone Pro does not read the micro SD card at all. tux_life 7 2,390 03-26-2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: tux_life
  New out of box phone, vibrates and solid red light on charging StuckInTheCloud 1 832 03-24-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Question on the keyboard battery with phone knoxvilles_joker 0 1,001 08-27-2022, 12:04 AM
Last Post: knoxvilles_joker
  PinePhone Pro Motherboard with sim card holder tckosvic 1 1,529 08-22-2022, 06:42 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine Store : Pine phone Pro Parts ? bcnaz 7 4,158 04-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pine Phone Pro issues gmastap 0 1,164 03-14-2022, 07:21 AM
Last Post: gmastap
  Replace PPP sim card/sd card slot hardware tckosvic 5 3,961 03-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
  How to remove the sim card liberty1234 6 4,088 02-16-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  SD Card insertion depth nristen 4 2,865 02-03-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: nristen