Power Switch
The stretch goal power button didn't come in my shipment where do I go to get this corrected?
Thumbs Down 
(07-03-2016, 09:23 PM)Rawrgles Wrote: The stretch goal power button didn't come in my shipment where do I go to get this corrected?

To your local electronics store. 

Yeah, I know backers were supposed to get one for free bla bla bla but come on, it's a ten cent switch! (It's in fact not even that much, you can get 100 of them for a dollar or two on ebay or aliexpress!) I'm sure you can bombard the Pine team with emails and have them send you a single switch in an envelope but is it really worth it? With the current response times you'd be lucky to have it before Christmas.

Edit: the power switch doesn't even work properly; it can be used to power off the board but not to power it on unless you have a battery with sufficient voltage attached as explained here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1022
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
(07-03-2016, 11:54 PM)bonterra Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 09:23 PM)Rawrgles Wrote: The stretch goal power button didn't come in my shipment where do I go to get this corrected?

To your local electronics store. 

Yeah, I know backers were supposed to get one for free bla bla bla but come on, it's a ten cent switch! (It's in fact not even that much, you can get 100 of them for a dollar or two on ebay or aliexpress!) I'm sure you can bombard the Pine team with emails and have them send you a single switch in an envelope but is it really worth it? With the current response times you'd be lucky to have it before Christmas.

Edit: the power switch doesn't even work properly; it can be used to power off the board but not to power it on unless you have a battery with sufficient voltage attached as explained here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1022

I see the power switch behavior you mention when using debian (not sure about ubuntu, but assume its the case also), but with the android images the power switch works fine, power-on or power-off, without a battery connected.

Rawrgles...if you're in the US, PM me an address and I'll put a couple switches in the mail to you. Or as Bonterra said, they're a dime a dozen on ebay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WIll not power up Jester89 2 1,414 09-29-2022, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Jester89
  Ordered pinecil and UK Power on the 27th July eddie1 0 1,931 06-30-2021, 12:18 AM
Last Post: eddie1