Lack of incoming SMS messages...
Hello all.

As of about two weeks ago, my SMS messages have stopped coming in on my PPP. MMS messages, including multimedia and plaintext multiperson messages work fine, as do outgoing SMS messages, but incoming messages seem to go into a void. mmcli shows no pending messages, so it is not just the front end GUI application. Has anyone else seen this?

For the record, I am using a PPP loaded with the latest Danctnix/Arch, running Phosh, and am on a Verizon contract.

Thanks for any ideas or insight

-tch
Could be a different problem this time, but
In the Brave Heart days we had that exact problem.
I used 'Modem Manager GUI' to delete the modem cache and that fixed that problem back then.
Although this app. --- no longer runs on the Pine phones.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-12-2022, 06:47 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Could be a different problem this time,  but
In the Brave Heart days we had that exact problem.
I used 'Modem Manager GUI' to delete the modem cache and that fixed that problem back then.
Although this app. --- no longer runs on the Pine phones.

Back with that issue, the mmcli showed the pending messages though, and deleting them manually resolved it. In this case, that does not follow. Thanks though.
So, a quick update - I have confirmed that ModemManager is in fact getting the messages, I just need to see why chatty isn't getting them. I have a feeling it is related to the fact that at some point MM decided my modem is number 1 instead of number 0. Am looking at how I can "properly" fix it, i.e., not just deleting the profile. As I see it, chatty shouldn't care what modem the messages come in on, they should just work. Will update this thread with a solution once I have it.

-tch

On a related note, if danctnix is around, or anyone else from the Arch team, do you have a specific repo that you use for the chatty build in arch? Would like to check out, and possibly provide a proper patch.

Thanks

-tch
So, as an update, I have flashed several versions of Arch and other operating systems, and the problem persists. Have been looking into doing a factory reset on the modem but cannot seem to find the AT command to do so. Does anyone have the command to pass along to mmcli to do a factory reset on these phones?

Thanks,

-tch
Sounds like you modem cache may be full, see linked thread for solutions

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid65065