It's dead Jim?
Prolly not, but I am a bit flummoxed at this point and could use some help sorting out the phone.

The problems started from minute one, the batter connector protective tab was partially attached to the coating inside the back of the phone and peeled a little patch off when I opened.
On boot I got the welcome screen, but like @Jetpac , I ran into the orientation problem, a scroll problem and a no timezone choices. Like him I solved with an external keyboards and in one case a good guess on what info was needed to finish setting up.

So, that got me started and I got to setting up the phone, nothing special, just adding a few programs, tweaking a few settings as far as theme and timezone, and upon returning to the desktop, I found I didn't have an app drawer any more. Odd, but I figured a reboot would do the trick, so the phone turned off...

And won't turn on again. I do sometimes get the light and vibration of a boot, but it doesn't go beyond that. I did try the reset button on the back, and the phone turned on, the indicator light was lit, but nothing displayed on the screen.

I've tried starting it with and without it being plugged in, tried an external display, and nothing.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, as a lack of a display makes it a bit tricky to interact with the phone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,474 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone is dead (sort of) thorensjubilee 34 18,602 01-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Phone dead. C3lt 6 6,728 07-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post: hiimtye