UHS-I uSD cards in the Pro
The Wiki says that the Pro will support SDHC and SDXC uSD cards, but I can't find anything in the Wiki that would suggest the Pro will support the UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) uSD cards, so there's no point in spending the extra money ... is that correct?
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
Correct.

The SDcard bus is relatively slow and no faster than the original PinePhone.

Far more important to get a card with fast small file reads and writes. There are threads in the original PP section and RockPro64 section on a similar theme, Samsung Evo+ work for me.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
I trued using an SDHC card but I couldn't get it to boot from the SD card (Waited 45 minutes). You want a faster card (SDXC at minimum).
(03-07-2022, 02:38 PM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: The Wiki says that the Pro will support SDHC and SDXC uSD cards, but I can't find anything in the Wiki that would suggest the Pro will support the UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) uSD cards, so there's no point in spending the extra money ... is that correct?

CORRECT
There is a bottle neck on the main board, so, 
 the max sd card read speed is only about 23mb/s on both the original and Explorer models.
Because of this,
Regardless of cost, I have not noticed a difference in "performance" on ether cheap or expensive cards.
............... I have come across quite a number of faulty card 'readers'....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team