Bluetooth on the PPP
I've been testing the bluetooth on the Pinephone Pro the last few days (I listen to a lot of music), and I am curious if anyone has found anything to help with the audio quality. Seems like there is a lot of compression randomly and stuttering in the audio. I've inspected the config files in /etc/bluetooth for a value to help with this, but I haven't found anything super helpful quite yet.

For reference, I am running Mobian. My Pinephone is usually in my pocket and I will have my Airpods in. The audio is typically fine, but it occasionally becomes super compressed for a random amount of time and then returns to normal. Seems to really dislike me moving around. I have had one random disconnect and the bluetooth disabled itself in the software settings and I had to manually restart it. 

I can always go back to wired headphones if needed, but I'll have to go buy a set.

Thanks!
Assuming Mobian uses pulseaudio, you might either want to look at https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt or switching to pipewire. Vanilla pulseaudio doesn't include high quality bluetooth codecs that are able to carry high quality audio over low bandwidth. You'll need the codecs too of course.
(03-08-2022, 01:20 AM)prurigro Wrote: Assuming Mobian uses pulseaudio, you might either want to look at https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt or switching to pipewire. Vanilla pulseaudio doesn't include high quality bluetooth codecs that are able to carry high quality audio over low bandwidth. You'll need the codecs too of course.

Thank you for the suggestion. I grabbed the pulse bt module. Seems to have helped with audio quality nicely. The compression and cutting out issue did not stop unfortunately. It did seem to go away when I disabled wifi, which tells me the bt and wifi are interfering with each other. I have unlimited cell data so I will just stream music on cellular until I can find a fix for that issue.