Convergence Thread (PinephonePro)
Convergence is "the thing" which I try to push on PinephonePro.

Connecting a 1920x1080p screen (even bigger ones do work) via USB-C to hdmi adaptor works so far.
Also simulating a mouse with the great app from [Adam Honse](https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/TouchpadEmulator).

But I have several issues which someone might help to fix or point me into the right direction:

The first time I connected a screen, the KDE Screen Layout Widget popped up and I was able to select the screen layout, 
kind of this (was more squeezed over all screens):

[Image: b656ec9c3c6e2db97a658cd7cc6e9fda4908de1d.jpeg]

However, when you select a wrong configuration here, you will never ever be able to get back to this widget.

Any KDE expert knowing how to trigger this widget? via terminal or via keyboard shortcut?
Where does KDE save this made joices, where is the whole screensetting stuff stored?

What I figured out so far:

Code:
kscreen-doctor -o 
=> get info about connected screens

Code:
kcmshell5 kwindecoration
kcmshell5 kwincompositing
kcmshell5 kwinoptions
kcmshell5 kwinscreenedges
kcmshell5 kwinscripts
=> popups some screen related widgets

Sidenote:
Testing all kind of programs if and how they run in convergence, weird thing is, in convergence the navigation panel disappears and its hard to close any programm.
Would also be nice to be able to activate window borders to minimize and maximize each program.

Any constructive inputs very welcome :-)
If you don't get an answer here, I would suggest KDE upstream resources directly (IRC, mailing list, etc.).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I don't know how helpful this will be for you but there is some potentially interesting information in
/usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.kscreen/contents/ui/ScreenLayoutSelection.qml
(03-03-2022, 04:55 AM)magdesign Wrote: Convergence is "the thing" which I try to push on PinephonePro.

Connecting a 1920x1080p screen (even bigger ones do work)  via USB-C to hdmi adaptor works so far.
Also simulating a mouse with the great app from [Adam Honse](https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/TouchpadEmulator).

But I have several issues which someone might help to fix or point me into the right direction:

The first time I connected a screen, the KDE Screen Layout Widget popped up and I was able to select the screen layout, 
kind of this (was more squeezed over all screens):

[Image: b656ec9c3c6e2db97a658cd7cc6e9fda4908de1d.jpeg]

However, when you select a wrong configuration here, you will never ever be able to get back to this widget.

Any KDE expert knowing how to trigger this widget? via terminal or via keyboard shortcut?
Where does KDE save this made joices, where is the whole screensetting stuff stored?

What I figured out so far:

Code:
kscreen-doctor -o 
=> get info about connected screens

Code:
kcmshell5 kwindecoration
kcmshell5 kwincompositing
kcmshell5 kwinoptions
kcmshell5 kwinscreenedges
kcmshell5 kwinscripts
=> popups some screen related widgets

Sidenote:
Testing all kind of programs if and how they run in convergence, weird thing is, in convergence the navigation panel disappears and its hard to close any programm.
Would also be nice to be able to activate window borders to minimize and maximize each program.

Any constructive inputs very welcome :-)

I haven't messed around with the resolution settings, but in reference to your Sidenote - have you upgraded to the latest version of Plasma 5.24.2? The navigation panel displays properly now. See my post in the "DisplayPort Out Question" discussion.
Photo 
Today I spent some time testing convergence with PinephonePro and Pinephone-Keyboard.
Manjaro-ARM 22.06, dev, Kernel: 5.18.9-1-MANJARO-ARM, Plasma Mobile

- USB-C to HDMI adaptor in combination with the Pinephone-Keyboard only works when the adaptor is directly connected to power, otherwise it forces the phone to reboot immediately.

- After plugging in USB-C to HDMI adaptor with connected screen, the rotation on the phone goes wild and finally white.

- the unlock pattern gives "wrong password", even the combination is typed right, needs unplugging, entering passcode, plugging in again.

Everything is still very wild and uncontrolled.... hope to get some fixes soon :-)
Anyone any good tricks, tell me, I need to have it working in 8 weeks.. going nomad ;-)

[Image: 177319537-6781a0ee-c636-49f9-a87c-cadde5ff7674.jpg]
At least on Manjaro KDE it is not possible to unlock the phone in convergence (where would I report this issue?):

[Image: b737c7ca39d7c2455c3d98dd44b0af9cc5702127]
First port of call should probably be:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i...ate=opened

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Help, I want to buy pinephonepro in hong kong miaoish 7 2,792 01-18-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Keetoo
  PinephonePro Explorer Edition for sale, link in the post. LinuXmarksTheSpot 0 852 05-29-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: LinuXmarksTheSpot
Shocked WiFi MAC Address on PinePhonePro dsr 4 2,404 03-02-2022, 06:14 AM
Last Post: wibble