$ sudo smiley face 'I see a cursor'
$ Godmode /this/welcome/screen/is/beautiful
$ sudo apt udate [wrong distro]
$ epiphany "there is an app for that"
$ epiphany "app will not work" crash.exe
$ 464/packages update.exe
[crash]
$ sudo apk -Syu
#########################--------------------------------------------------------------
error
error
error
corrupted remove file <whateverman>.important Y/N_:
$ forget it/call somebody
[horrid echo sound]
$ execute text message
[success]
$ spend/4 hours/trying to/update
$ run give-up-and-sleep-while-charging.exe
#will-not-boot
$ open file 'WTFover.vomit'

I don't ask much. Don't have FANG on you. Update without crashing. Do not require another OS full install.

I know this is still BETA. I wouldn't dare even ask for my money back. I don't even care that the camera doesn't function.

If I wanted to spend $400 on one day of disposable fun it would have been a stripper.

Please fix this or don't sell it.
The phone is not in beta state, I don't know where you have that information from. You bought the early adopters batch and are expected to write the software and drivers for it on that batch. Without one early adopters batch shipping to developers no one is going to write the software for it, I hope you realize that?
(03-03-2022, 03:39 PM)uldfxc Wrote: The phone is not in beta state, I don't know where you have that information from. You bought the early adopters batch and are expected to write the software and drivers for it on that batch. Without one early adopters batch shipping to developers no one is going to write the software for it, I hope you realize that?

I would hope that they would consider that a programmer that is willing to write software for free and buy their phone for $400 should get a phone that can receive the udpates that already exist and not fail to boot 10 hours later. Mine doesn't boot. I've had electronics since the 80's and this is the shortest lived one yet. And that includes the pager I lost when my friend pushed me into the pool the day after I bought it. If they want that level of charity maybe open a pew or something.

Just being real.

Quality standards matter.
(03-03-2022, 06:49 PM)deFANG'd Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 03:39 PM)uldfxc Wrote: The phone is not in beta state, I don't know where you have that information from. You bought the early adopters batch and are expected to write the software and drivers for it on that batch. Without one early adopters batch shipping to developers no one is going to write the software for it, I hope you realize that?

I would hope that they would consider that a programmer that is willing to write software for free and buy their phone for $400 should get a phone that can receive the udpates that already exist and not fail to boot 10 hours later. Mine doesn't boot. I've had electronics since the 80's and this is the shortest lived one yet. And that includes the pager I lost when my friend pushed me into the pool the day after I bought it. If they want that level of charity maybe open a pew or something.

Just being real.

Quality standards matter.

Again, your phone is not broken and you're making a fuss after running into known bugs, which you can recover from. Pine does not write the software, the community does - and your personal thoughts about what the community has to do in their free and unpaid time are of rather low value. You bought the wrong batch and you didn't read any warning, that's fine but please get a grip and put up PRs and report bugs, such as under https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/issues/pinephone, instead of shitting on the community, thank you.