4GB DDR3 option on A64+ units
+1 on 3GB.
(01-23-2016, 09:16 AM)rotflmike Wrote: Dear Pine Team,
as opposed to just limiting the onboard RAM, what would you think about a SODIMM slot that could handle up to 4GB sodimm? Or two, for up to 8GB? I think this would make for much more flexibility for end users and developers.
My additional thought - the "sign" enclosure, a touchpad, bluetooth, and a GPS module would make this an ultimate navigation and entertainment module (via linux, most likely) to embed in a car. Smile

As mentioned, current SoC only support up to 3GB. We will release several add-on boards (we call POT, Peripheral-On-Top) soon, stays tune.
+1 for 3GB
3gb is a hardware limitation in this SoC and is *not* arbitrary. Keep in mind that this SoC was designed for tablets, so that makes perfect sense as the limit given its primary purpose. We will never get more than 3gb with this silicon.

-p
Well, if you really were desperate for more RAM, you could always fuss around with bank switching (just like older computers!).

That's probably an incredible amount more hassle than it is worth, however.
I might get the 2gb or, if it happens, 3gb option for my main pledge. But if my Classic Gameboy enclosure pans out and I'm getting additional components for that... It'd only be about a 3 inch screen and secondary to the main, 7 inch one... Do I need 2-3gb for that one as well? :0c Hmmm...

At any rate, I definitely second the option of 3gb~! :3
Another +1 for 3GB if that's the max (at the 64+ $89 level) .... Need to get the 4K playback. Question - Does the box support HDCP 2.2 as if it doesnt Netflix and Amazon Prime 4K wont be allowed.
(01-28-2016, 05:56 AM)Gaspode Wrote: Another +1 for 3GB if that's the max (at the 64+ $89 level) .... Need to get the 4K playback. Question - Does the box support HDCP 2.2 as if it doesnt Netflix and Amazon Prime 4K wont be allowed.

The Pine A64 board doesn't support HDCP 2.2, which need to pay 5 figure annual fee :-(
Are there any components that could be attached to the Pine A64 to somehow enable HDCP 2.2?
(01-28-2016, 06:16 PM)Flygon Wrote: Are there any components that could be attached to the Pine A64 to somehow enable HDCP 2.2?

No such component.