4GB DDR3 option on A64+ units
(01-22-2016, 07:41 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 07:13 PM)AuDioFreaK39 Wrote: Dear Pine64 Development Team,

I had a question regarding memory capacity on the A64+ units. Would it be possible to offer a 4GB DDR3 option for just a couple dollars more over the 2GB option? Our news team recently wrote a story about the Pine A64 and some of our readers have suggested that a 4GB A64+ option would make the device much more usable as a PC. This would also allow the device to make full use of the 64-bit memory address space.

Please let us know what you guys think. Looking forward to your response.

The highest DRAM capacity for Allwinner A64 chip is 3GB. If 3GB stil make sense to explore, we will check out on Fenruary time frame once clear up on Becker delivery.

I'm all for 3GB Even if it means another $10. Let's make this as powerful as it can be. If I wanted a cheap and weak Raspberry pi, I would have bought one. Wink
I would be interested in a board with 3GB of RAM.
I pledged for the 2gb board but would gladly pay a little more for 3gb.
(01-30-2016, 06:15 AM)robnj74 Wrote: I pledged for the 2gb board but would gladly pay a little more for 3gb.

I don't think 3gb RAM will be an option this time round for kickstarter backers - after all, it would be unfair for the early bird February backers only to be offered up to 2gb RAM, but backers after that got a choice of up to 3gb.

But maybe a future iteration of the board could support 3gb. 

As tkaiser says, 2gb RAM for a board like this is actually OK:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...d=94#pid94
(01-30-2016, 07:00 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 06:15 AM)robnj74 Wrote: I pledged for the 2gb board but would gladly pay a little more for 3gb.

I don't think 3gb RAM will be an option this time round for kickstarter backers - after all, it would be unfair for the early bird February backers only to be offered up to 2gb RAM, but backers after that got a choice of up to 3gb.

But maybe a future iteration of the board could support 3gb. 

As tkaiser says, 2gb RAM for a board like this is actually OK:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...d=94#pid94
I will explore with Allwinner folks about 3GB board design on February time frame. The earliest of possible rolling out 3GB board will be around end of summer time. Our main focus now is preparing for KS delivery, work with open source community, and introducing add-on boards for DIY community.
(01-28-2016, 05:56 AM)Gaspode Wrote: Another +1 for 3GB if that's the max (at the 64+ $89 level) .... Need to get the 4K playback. Question - Does the box support HDCP 2.2 as if it doesnt Netflix and Amazon Prime 4K wont be allowed.

I am not sure this will help you. But saw this HDFury Integral HDMI Splitter.

HDfury Integral is capable of connecting any HDCP revision sources devices to any HDCP revision sink devices
Providing a total of 6 HDCP 1.4 and 2.2 engines for decryption/encryption, HDfury Integral offers a total HDCP workaround solution including HDCP 1.4 > HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 2.2 > HDCP 1.4 both ways conversion within the same unit.
It is capable of connecting any HDCP1.x or HDCP2.x source devices to any HDCP1.x or HDCP 2.x sink devices.

This will break your bank costs almost $249
https://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitters/in...44-600mhz/

There are few in Amazon, but does not provide more information on the conversion.