Stuck in Angelfish
Problem description:
----------------------------

In Angelfish browser.  After downloading latest Manjaro Plasma image (20220301) to SDcard, I am unable to exit the web browser and escape back to the main / home screen.  Nothing works -- swipe up from bottom, swipe down from top.  Swipe left / right from sides brings up web browser menus.

Any tricks I am missing here?

Background:
-----------------

New PPP owner -- received yesterday, bricked yesterday.

I suspect I did a hard / power reset yesterday while an update was running in the background.  In any event, the PPP would no longer boot.  Symptoms were a flash at the lower center of the main screen, and a white LED flash at the top left of the phone.  I observed a _very_ faint glow from the screen, so I knew it had power.

I managed to get it running this morning by flashing the 20220301 Manjaro Plasma image this morning onto a microSD card via my laptop running Ubuntu / KDE Plasma.  Hard power down on the PPP (power button depressed until screen faint glow turned off.)  Removed battery, inserted microSD card, re-inserted battery, then held down power button for a five count (one thousand one, one thousand two...)  The upper left LED blinked red, and the phone buzzed/vibrated.  Manjaro/Plasma booted.  So the eMMC bootloader was not corrupted, just the OS image on the eMMC.

Went through the intitial setup, then launched Angelfish to download Manjaro image so I could re-flash the eMMC.  Figure I'd like to have a bootable OS on the eMMC as a backup option to booting from a microSD -- so I plan on re-flashing the eMMC, but ran into this UI snafoo.  Thought I'd ask about it.

TIA
I (and others) have had the same problem trying to get out of Settings.

A solution that worked for me with Settings is to ssh into the phone and then kill the offending process.

hth
see here:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid107522

maybe change the heading of this topic, its not angelfish related, its more related to KDE plasma missing navigation panel or gesture navigation not working...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 640 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: mburns