Would be possible to use a Good diplay DES 10.1" Eink
If I understand correctly there is already an Android 11 eink SDK for Quartz64 model A that is compatible with the eink.com 10.3" eink panel.
So I will first go for that. But I was wondering if it would be possible to connect one of this eink displays:

https://www.good-display.com/product/385.html

Actually has the same pin up 40 pins FPC connector. But another Waveform and it has a color filter always on so I guess the resolution is downgraded 3x using color.
I've one of this lying in my studio since months and I could never control it yet since there is no controller yet from Good display. There is only a tablet being sold commercially that is called Reinkstone with the display.

On another topic, I would like to ask if there are any other pointers on how the Eink interface works?
I would love to read about people doing stuff with this, on how the Android version works, refresh rate etc. I've only tried a Hisense eink phone and I'm quite impressed with the refresh rate and usability on UX since I expected it to be much slower. At the same time I'm a bit dissapointed on how color works since it's always a bit pale and frontlight does not help much.

Looking forward buying my first Model A board in the following weeks and start exploring it's possibilities. I'm quite impressed with it so far and it's very cool to see people trying it and the video reviews about them (Some playing games at an impressive framerate)

Messages In This Thread
Would be possible to use a Good diplay DES 10.1" Eink - by fasani - 02-21-2022, 08:03 AM