Offline Updates Error
Running stock Manjaro/Plasma Mobile as shipped.

I saw that Discover was telling me there were system updates, so I ran them and got a message to say the phone needed to reboot to complete the installation, but after it rebooted I get a message:

Offline Updates
Failed to update 1 package
Failed to update database: unexpected system error

Then there are 2 options: Open Discover or Repair System

If I open Discover there's nothing there, no errors or additional packages to install.
If I select Repair system nothing seems to happen.

This happens every time I restart the phone - any suggestions?
Yes, suggestion number 1: delete that preinstalled OS so you can boot from sd... it makes a lot of things easier and is recommended at this point of development.
Suggestion number 2: Update with pacman -Syyuu and ignore discovery. It works a thousand times better, is a proven solution and some day when discovery is fixed you can stop doing it through the cli.
Hello

have you try to update from the terminal?
$ sudo pacman -Syyu
maybe you see something more.
"sudo pacman -Syyuu" gives me this:

Synchronising package databases
  core
  extra
  community
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from fast mirror.pp/ua : The requested URL returned error: 404 error: failed retrieving file 'community.db'

then 'too many errors from fast mirror.pp.ua'
skipping for the remainder of this transaction

Starting full system upgrade

there is nothing to do
sudo rm var/lib/pacman/db.lck
sudo pacman -Syyu
(02-17-2022, 01:12 AM)Emilio Wrote: sudo rm  var/lib/pacman/db.lck
sudo pacman  -Syyu

I’m not sure what deleting the lock file would do as I am not getting a error about being unable to lock the database, but happy to give it a try ?

I'm afraid that didn't help (no lock file to delete) but the error regarding fast mirror.pp.ua - that's a Ukrainian server, so maybe there are problems reaching it? If I comment that entry out of the pacman mirrorlist file???

I'm afraid that didn't help (no lock file to delete) but the error regarding fastmirror.pp.ua - that's a Ukrainian server, so maybe there are problems reaching it? If I comment that entry out of the pacman mirrorlist file???

So, commented it out, reran pacman -Syyuu and didn't get an error, but pacman said there was nothing to do - which I guess is good.

Restarted the phone, logged in and got the same Offline Updates error - everything seems to be working fine but I can't work out why Discover is throwing the error and what packages it's complaining about.

Also, the "Repair System" button just doesn't seem to do anything at all!

This is a voyage of discovery for me :-)
(02-17-2022, 10:25 AM)dgiffin Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 01:12 AM)Emilio Wrote: sudo rm  var/lib/pacman/db.lck
sudo pacman  -Syyu

I’m not sure what deleting the lock file would do as I am not getting a error about being unable to lock the database, but happy to give it a try ?

I'm afraid that didn't help (no lock file to delete) but the error regarding fast mirror.pp.ua - that's a Ukrainian server, so maybe there are problems reaching it? If I comment that entry out of the pacman mirrorlist file???

I'm afraid that didn't help (no lock file to delete) but the error regarding fastmirror.pp.ua - that's a Ukrainian server, so maybe there are problems reaching it? If I comment that entry out of the pacman mirrorlist file???

So, commented it out, reran pacman -Syyuu and didn't get an error, but pacman said there was nothing to do - which I guess is good.

Restarted the phone, logged in and got the same Offline Updates error - everything seems to be working fine but I can't work out why Discover is throwing the error and what packages it's complaining about.

Also, the "Repair System" button just doesn't seem to do anything at all!

This is a voyage of discovery for me :-)
I'm having this exact problem, on a brand new phone. Any solution to this?
The solution is:

Code:
sudo rm /var/lib/PackageKit/offline-update-competed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,485 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: mburns
Question System Updates: "unexpected error" Greendrake 6 4,183 03-05-2022, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Greendrake
  Error Updating Emilio 2 2,070 02-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Emilio
  Notification of Failed Offline Update from Discover tckosvic 0 894 02-06-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
  No update PGP, Error Solved iopser 2 1,835 02-01-2022, 07:53 AM
Last Post: iopser