Battery status always "Charging"
I'm currently on PostmarketOS with Phosh, and the battery indicator always says it is "charging", even when it's unplugged.  I believe this was also happening on the Manjaro ARM+Plasma Mobile image that shipped on the device, but I didn't check it out in detail.

`/sys/class/battery/status` always says "Charging" too, which I'm guessing is closer to the root cause, but `/sys/class/rk818-charger/status` does update correctly.

Is there a kernel module known to be incomplete here that I could look into?  I'm an experienced software engineer but have not had to dive into this sort of thing in the past, so a starting point would save me a lot of time  Big Grin

This is probably worth a separate post, but the phone is consistently pretty warm when off the charger and drains the battery pretty quickly.  I'm hoping that maybe the "charging" indication is related; maybe it's not managing power as intended just because it thinks it's plugged in.  At any rate, seems worth getting the charging state to work before trying to work around it in power management.

Thanks!
I have the same issue: battery indicator shows charging at all times. I have tried Manjaro Plasma and Posh, and see it in both.
using manjaro's unstable branch fixed this for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery life thread: discussion, support and tips apink 6 1,843 09-22-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: tookmeayear
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and OS compatibility freelectro 2 1,004 06-02-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability ArchiMark 4 1,297 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Battery meter slowly reducing under keyboard charger robocone 1 1,314 12-26-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: robocone
Exclamation PPP Battery drain + hot CPU GPU Piotr 2 1,491 12-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Piotr