UBoot in updates - Has boot sequence changed?
manjaro-phosh ----- As I noticed, the latest updates of this afternoon included UBoot files.  Does anyone know whether system boot sequence has changed in any manner due to these updates?

Another question -- where do you see what the new updates were and what was their intention to accomplish?  

Also -- do new updates move your system to one of the development release levels or a new "beta XX" release level?

thanks for any input?  Particularly interested in what was changed in boot and perhaps charging logic.  That really need some attention.  Costing me and probably alot of other people many hours.

thanks,    tom kosvic
(02-13-2022, 07:14 PM)tckosvic Wrote: manjaro-phosh ----- As I noticed, the latest updates of this afternoon included UBoot files.  Does anyone know whether system boot sequence has changed in any manner due to these updates?

Another question -- where do you see what the new updates were and what was their intention to accomplish?  

Also -- do new updates move your system to one of the development release levels or a new "beta XX" release level?

thanks for any input?  Particularly interested in what was changed in boot and perhaps charging logic.  That really need some attention.  Costing me and probably alot of other people many hours.

thanks,    tom kosvic

I may have an answer to one of my own questions  above regarding as to what img does pacman update to:  development or beta XX ?

I installed "Manjaro-ARM-phosh-pinephonepro-beta22.img.xz" . After install of that to SD and booting from SD, I did a pacman system update and pacman said "nothing to do".  So it looks like pacman is dealing with the "beta XX" img file for it's updates; not the more frequent "dev img" files.

As of now, I can't see any operational changes related to the "UBoot" changes made as seen in the "pkg txt" file listing of Beta 22.

tom kosvic
those question would be more suited on Manjaro forum as they are all directly tied to the OS , but I can answer one of them

where do you see what the new updates were and what was their intention to accomplish?
well for u-boot it would be https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot , but maybe manjaro is using a custom repo , so you'll have to check that out

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 691 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Mobian + tow boot + emmc flash = boot loop spropine 4 3,165 12-31-2022, 09:14 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Need to re-write U-boot from Pinephone pro currently in mass rom mode wolverine1 6 2,822 11-20-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Tow-Boot issue Barugon 1 1,332 10-22-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AndrewBlackmiller
  pinephone pro boot: kernel image not aligned on 64k boundary kmerfeld 2 2,022 08-15-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: ajaso
  pinephone pro don’t boot anymore :/ (I erased bootloader by mistake) elode 9 4,822 06-20-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: elode
Information Fix PinePhone Pro when unable to boot due to drained battery butjar 7 5,893 05-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: 98cwitr
  My new Pinephone Pro does not boot any more jlioret 3 2,537 05-21-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: 98cwitr
  Tow-Boot on PP vasir 1 1,270 04-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: vasir
  Boot order Barugon 13 7,908 03-11-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: kaida