J7 battery
I put a j7 battery in my PPP it fits but tightly, it's a 3000 just like the stock one. My question is being a little and a different should be good to run right.

It definitely holds a charge longer.
I had one replacement battery that was too tight, I filed the tight edge a little and now it fits just snug, -> perfect.
( the edge opposite the contacts)

I did not want an over tight battery to distort the internal components ...
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-07-2022, 09:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I had one replacement battery that was too tight,    I filed the tight edge a little and now it fits just snug,  -> perfect.
( the edge opposite the contacts)

I did not want an over tight battery to distort the internal components ...

I'll look at it and try that probably.
I tried this battery and it was about 1mm too long. https://www.ebay.com/itm/182514636954

Before I grow my collection of batteries, has anyone found a battery that fits?
(03-07-2022, 10:03 AM)thomzane Wrote: I tried this battery and it was about 1mm too long.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/182514636954

Before I grow my collection of batteries, has anyone found a battery that fits?

I have had pretty good results using the part number EB-BJ700CBE

I have bought 3 batteries from 2 different Ebay vendors, both are branded as Samsung, but from the first vendor,
whom I got 2 of these batteries, there is a watermark on his batteries,  but he ran out of stock last year.

I did find I had to file just a little from the lower edge of one battery, it was just a little too tight.
It would go in to the phone, but it was extremely hard to remove.

I don't think one was a different size,  more likely just a bit lax in their tolerances.
and
Filing a little bit off is not a big deal.

So far they all seem to be close in performance to the original Pine batteries.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I got my cheap ebay battery to work! I did not feel comfortable shaving my battery, but I noticed that the bottom piece is likely glued on and I was correct. I was able to pry the bottom piece opposite the connections using a razor blade. I peeled the glue off after that. Now the battery is snug, but I can remove it without tools by turning it upside-down and lightly shaking the phone.
(03-09-2022, 02:07 PM)thomzane Wrote: I got my cheap ebay battery to work!  I did not feel comfortable shaving my battery, but I noticed that the bottom piece is likely glued on and I was correct.  I was able to pry the bottom piece opposite the connections using a razor blade.  I peeled the glue off after that.  Now the battery is snug, but I can remove it without tools by turning it upside-down and lightly shaking the phone.

Your battery from the PP fits fine into PPP.  Has same rating but says just PP on label. Sometimes I charge battery in PP where charging works fine and put it into PPP to tinker with software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad PPP shuts off when reaching battery level >50% <70% crt0mega 5 1,572 09-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: crt0mega
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and driver/middleware compatibility freelectro 1 658 05-30-2023, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Custom Battery Design questions. tenzen 1 848 04-26-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Question on the keyboard battery with phone knoxvilles_joker 0 1,001 08-27-2022, 12:04 AM
Last Post: knoxvilles_joker
Question Battery not charging when run down to 0. iwm 2 1,810 02-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Battery discharge problem g4mba5 16 8,297 02-01-2022, 03:30 AM
Last Post: bcnaz