Updating/ upgrading PPP Explorer with KDE Plasma
Anyone had any success updating/ upgrading PPP Explorer with KDE Plasma?

There's a thread on updating/ upgrading, but it's focused on Manjaro. I'm on Explorer with KDE Plasma and trying to install software, but it seems I need to perform an update. It's not working in Discover, so I want to do it via terminal, but I don't want to brick the phone.

I gather I need to run:
sudo pinephonepro-post-install

Then what?
I was running Manjaro kde plasma.

I eventually came across this command

Sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

Then ran 

Sudo pacman -Syyu

I'm fairly new to Linux so it took me awhile to find the right commands. But I couldn't update mine either and those commands worked for me.
(02-03-2022, 01:46 AM)Frost1776 Wrote: I was running Manjaro kde plasma.

Then ran 

Sudo pacman -Syyu

I'm fairly new to Linux so it took me awhile to find the right commands. But I couldn't update mine either and those commands worked for me.

This is correct. Regardless of your Desktop Environment (KDE Plaskma for example) the PPP comes with Manjaro preinstalled. So your code to update the system is the right one. 

Some ppl experienced that the database for updating the system packages was locked. This can happen from time to time if a running update quit unexpectedly. 
In addition you may experience something like "PGP key error" or "keychain error" etc -> look at this solution if so:  https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid105737
Sudo pacman-db-upgrade && Sync
And then
Sudo pacman -Syu
(02-04-2022, 11:49 AM)Luziferus Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 01:46 AM)Frost1776 Wrote: I was running Manjaro kde plasma.

Then ran 

Sudo pacman -Syyu

This is correct. Regardless of your Desktop Environment (KDE Plaskma for example) the PPP comes with Manjaro preinstalled. So your code to update the system is the right one. 

Some ppl experienced that the database for updating the system packages was locked. This can happen from time to time if a running update quit unexpectedly. 
In addition you may experience something like "PGP key error" or "keychain error" etc -> look at this solution if so:  https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid105737
Thank you both for your information. The "sudo rm.." failed for me. I then ran the solution in the thread, which showed many errors, then prompted to delete old files, I chose Y for all. I ran "sudo rm.." and it installed some updates and restarted. Next update failed, ran sudo pacman -syyu again and it completed all updates. 
It now shows:
KDE Plasma Version 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version 5.90.0
Qt Version 5.15.2
Kernel Version 5.16.0-rc4-1-MANJARO-ARM
Very happy to finally have it updated.
Thanks everyone. All updated. System info shows:

KDE Plasma Version 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version 5.90.0
Qt Version 5.15.2
Kernel Version 5.16.2-2-MANJARO-ARM

These worked for me:

&
Sudo pacman -Syyu

Although when I ran sudo pacman the first time the connection timed out and the upgrade failed. I turned off screen lock and dim (which only sort of work) and ran it again and it worked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Onscreen keyboard missing Arch Plasma Libreoffice DaForest 0 568 09-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: DaForest
  Will a Pinephone Pro (Explorer) work with TING wpeckham 7 2,830 07-21-2023, 08:33 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pine Phone Pro: Mobian+plasma mobile GabrieleMax 2 1,551 04-30-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition for sale, link in description Dinobot 0 1,045 07-16-2022, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Dinobot
Lightbulb Manjaro Phosh vs. Manjaro Plasma on Pinephone Pro? danimations 10 7,619 07-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  PinephonePro Explorer Edition for sale, link in the post. LinuXmarksTheSpot 0 894 05-29-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: LinuXmarksTheSpot
  PinePhone Pro working on Lapdock using Arch Plasma hockleyj 5 2,988 05-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: hockleyj
  How to activate developer mode on PPP explorer tckosvic 2 1,991 02-14-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: tckosvic
  PPP Explorer Edition - Wipe eMMC The3DmaN 7 5,427 02-01-2022, 04:34 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
Rainbow Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition to start shipping bcnaz 26 12,615 01-28-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: retrogren