method to install files on PPP from linux PC
Wish to move at least contacts file to PPP.

I tried jumpdrive (pp version) on an sd card and nothing.  My linux pc file managers do not even see the PPP

Anyone have a breakthrough?

tom Kosvic
I enable ssh on my PinePhones and then use scp as my phone is generally my network hub (tether) as well.
Other times I may remove the SDcard from the phone and put it in the PC temporarily.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(02-02-2022, 02:06 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: I enable ssh on my PinePhones and then use scp as my phone is generally my network hub (tether) as well.
Other times I may remove the SDcard from the phone and put it in the PC temporarily.

I did get a file transfer to PPP made from a linux PC using kdeconnect app.  That app needs to be running on the phone and the PC.  It was a bit of trial-n-error so I can't layout the specific steps.  My contact list is now in phonebook on PPP.

I am not using SD card.  There is none installed. I am running on system memory.  In my opinion, an SD card is primarily for extra data storage not for running the sysytem.  Why is there system memory if you need to run from an SD?
SD cards are great for testing before installing, and good for rescuing a broken installation, also they can easily be moved to another device.

Though it does run faster from the eMMC.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-02-2022, 02:06 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: I enable ssh on my PinePhones and then use scp as my phone is generally my network hub (tether) as well.

yes, I did find ssh could be used to transfer files

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 881 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 418 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,480 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
  Arch Linux Arm DanctNIX complete setup mikehenson 2 2,275 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Wrong pin (default manjaro install) senorsmile 5 2,971 06-11-2022, 03:59 PM
Last Post: senorsmile