PPP cannot connect to my Wi-Fi network
I've searched Matrix and Telegram groups for anyone with same issues, but it seems I'm currently the only one so I assume it is probably related to my Wi-Fi SSID setup. But since I have also a ROCK Pi 4B running without issues at home, all other devices, too, I think this might be connected to the network manager of PPP (Manjaro Linux). 

Issue: 
I can neither connect to my Wi-Fi SSID "Bla's WiFi", nor to the BSSID. 
I can connect to my Android's hotspot though. 

By using the network manager cli (nmcli) I receive "Error: Connection activation failed: (53) The Wi-Fi network could not be found." 
I tried the WPS with wpa_cli, but this also fails. 

Maybe this question should go to Manjaro forums or to KDE Plasma team, I do not know. But since It's not working on the PPP, I just opened the thread here. 

Specs:
KDE Plasma v: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks v: 5.90.0
QT v: 5.15.2
Kernel v: 5.16.2-2-MANJARO-ARM

System is up to date on stable.

Does anyone experienced same issues?
(01-29-2022, 09:04 AM)Luziferus Wrote: I've searched Matrix and Telegram groups for anyone with same issues, but it seems I'm currently the only one so I assume it is probably related to my Wi-Fi SSID setup. But since I have also a ROCK Pi 4B running without issues at home, all other devices, too, I think this might be connected to the network manager of PPP (Manjaro Linux). 

Is fixed by switching to WPA2 on my router. It was using WPA3 so seems like PPP's network manager or the hardware (?) does not support WPA3 (yet).
(01-30-2022, 01:19 AM)Luziferus Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 09:04 AM)Luziferus Wrote: I've searched Matrix and Telegram groups for anyone with same issues, but it seems I'm currently the only one so I assume it is probably related to my Wi-Fi SSID setup. But since I have also a ROCK Pi 4B running without issues at home, all other devices, too, I think this might be connected to the network manager of PPP (Manjaro Linux). 

Is fixed by switching to WPA2 on my router. It was using WPA3 so seems like PPP's network manager or the hardware (?) does not support WPA3 (yet).

i had issues too with my wpa3 only ssid, the problem is in wpa_supplicant which is used by network-manager, solved switching wifi_backend to iwd (you have to install it, enable the service...https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NetworkManager#Using_iwd_as_the_Wi-Fi_backend), wpa3-SAE works flawlessly now for me, at least on Arch linux arm, which btw also solved the charging issue so i quicly got rid of the preinstalled manjaro
Intersting. I have same issue. But, my router is setup to accept WPA2 or WPA3. It still wasn’t able to connect on Manjaro. I’ll change to WPA2 only and see if that changes anything.

ETA: just saw the post above mine by ironashram. Will try that too.
Pinephone Pro enthusiast and SUPER-HYPED for PineTab 2! PT2 is AWESOME!
Former electrical engineer. Current rancher.

I know a lot about a few things, a little about a lot of things and am ignorant of an unknown number of things.
(01-30-2022, 06:46 AM)ironashram Wrote: i had issues too with my wpa3 only ssid, the problem is in wpa_supplicant which is used by network-manager, solved switching wifi_backend to iwd (you have to install it, enable the service...https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NetworkManager#Using_iwd_as_the_Wi-Fi_backend), wpa3-SAE works flawlessly now for me, at least on Arch linux arm, which btw also solved the charging issue so i quicly got rid of the preinstalled manjaro

Great! Thanks, I will try out.

Also interesting. When my Wi-Fi is on and is able to connect, KDE Plasma crashes upon boot and is trying to restart every time but each time crashes again and I end up seeing just a white screen. Workaround is to toggle the Wi-Fi Killswitch, boot up, let the wi-fi manager forget the network, rebott with Wi-Fi on and reconnect Big Grin

(01-30-2022, 06:56 AM)Conjada Wrote: Intersting. I have same issue. But, my router is setup to accept WPA2 or WPA3. It still wasn’t able to connect on Manjaro. I’ll change to WPA2 only and see if that changes anything.

Yea I use Fritz!Box. It also showed WPA2 or WPA3 but I guess it was using WPA3 for PPP since it's capable of WPA3.

Issue: 
I can neither connect to my Wi-Fi SSID "Bla's WiFi", nor to the BSSID. 
I can connect to my Android's hotspot though. 

By using the network manager cli (nmcli) I receive "Error: Connection activation failed: (53) The Wi-Fi network could not be found." 
I tried the WPS with wpa_cli, but this also fails. 

Maybe this question should go to Manjaro forums or to KDE Plasma team, I do not know. But since It's not working on the PPP, I just opened the thread here. 

Specs:
KDE Plasma v: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks v: 5.90.0
QT v: 5.15.2
Kernel v: 5.16.2-2-MANJARO-ARM

System is up to date on stable.

Does anyone experienced same issues?

Chasing the same issue, seems to be tied to networks offering a wpa3 operation mode.
(01-30-2022, 06:56 AM)Conjada Wrote: Intersting. I have same issue. But, my router is setup to accept WPA2 or WPA3. It still wasn’t able to connect on Manjaro. I’ll change to WPA2 only and see if that changes anything.

Been having the same experience with a number of devices around the house since I upgraded to a Linksys E8450 with OpenWrt and set it to WPA2/3. For a number of my family's devices the only solution I could come up with was configuring the network connection via the SSID and choosing WPA2 rather than selecting the network from the list of available networks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] Connect PPP to PC via USB for data transfer ? libresurf 1 1,134 09-20-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: libresurf