Using TS-100 tips
Hi,
I tried a TS-100 tip in my Pinecill today as I'd read they were compatible but it didn't seem to work correctly, it started to heat up but the tip temp. was reading over 300 Degrees C when it was probably only around 70 or so and the wattage was really low as if it had stopped heating because it had reached temperature ... but it hadn't.

I checked the resistance of the tip between the two connection rings and it was just under 10 ohms, when I tested the continuity between the top ring, nearest the tip, and the tip body it was a short circuit on the TS-100 tip but open circuit on the Pinecil original tip.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue is, should it be connected to the tip body?

Cheers
I bought a Miniware BC2 and it works fine with my Pinecil, and reads the same as the tip that was supplied with my Pinecil- not sure what the issue might be though.

I also have a Sequre tip (D24) - which reads higher than the other two. So, I’d say that tip is a bit off rather than a lack of compatibility with my device.
(01-26-2022, 07:29 AM)gadjet Wrote: I tried a TS-100 tip in my Pinecill today as I'd read they were compatible but it didn't seem to work correctly, it started to heat up but the tip temp. was reading over 300 Degrees C when it was probably only around 70 or so and the wattage was really low as if it had stopped heating because it had reached temperature ... but it hadn't.

I am also using TS100 tip and it works fine.

I think you may have found a bad knockoff tip for TS100. Sad
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)VaZso Wrote: I am also using TS100 tip and it works fine.

I think you may have found a bad knockoff tip for TS100. Sad

Yep, Back to Banggood with it  Angry