Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition to start shipping
My plan is to keep scouring the comments and see what is working for others. My first priority will be to have it function as a phone and take messages. I am old fashioned that way. If I can get Ventoy to work and have it boot from a micro SD card I may end up with a 2 Tb card that allows me to try out and swap out with quite a few operating systems. Since a 1 Tbg sandisk extreme is $160 I will probably stick with my 256 gig for now. Smile
In case you want to test the idea before I get my phone, here is the link for Ventoy, hopefully I am not getting in trouble by putting it up on this forum. 
https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

After I am stable and I can use it as a phone, I will start playing with code. Till then I will be a pure script-kiddo and just use what others advise me to try and perhaps bash a few changes and hope for the best on driver updates and settings.
(01-24-2022, 06:11 PM)Otter Wrote: My plan is to keep scouring the comments and see what is working for others. My first priority will be to have it function as a phone and take messages. I am old fashioned that way. If I can get Ventoy to work and have it boot from a micro SD card I may end up with a 2 Tb card that allows me to try out and swap out with quite a few operating systems. Since a 1 Tbg sandisk extreme is $160 I will probably stick with my 256 gig for now. Smile
In case you want to test the idea before I get my phone, here is the link for Ventoy, hopefully I am not getting in trouble by putting it up on this forum. 
https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

After I am stable and I can use it as a phone, I will start playing with code. Till then I will be a pure script-kiddo and just use what others advise me to try and perhaps bash a few changes and hope for the best on driver updates and settings.

It can be helpful to have more than one Pine phone,  I keep my daily use Pine phone quite plain.

While I do have extra test phones to try things on,  If a test phone crashes,  ---> hopefully I learn something, but not a big deal.

But my daily use Pine phone is not allowed to crash..     Shy
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-24-2022, 07:23 PM)bcnaz Wrote: It can be helpful to have more than one Pine phone,  I keep my daily use Pine phone quite plain.

While I do have extra test phones to try things on,  If a test phone crashes,  ---> hopefully I learn something, but not a big deal.

But my daily use Pine phone is not allowed to crash..     Shy

If Ventoy works in this environment, and I can make an image from my current configuration, I will make a copies of the working configuration and name them based on the changes I am going to try. Then I will boot to the new image before making changes. This way I will be able to return to a functioning image and still make bold changes.
Or at least that is what my plan is. Plans tend to change when they meet actual hardware and software.
Received email that PPP will arrive in 6 days, which is great if it is not delayed. I will be happy when it arrives.. Of course it is preferred to play with it sooner rather than later.
ok
don't get me wrong,,
i cant wait to put my hands on the ppp, and and try and error and re-try... you know.
in a 3 days it will arrive jeje i cant wait
ello.

cu
DHL tracking says mine left Hong Kong today and will be here (Oklahoma, USA) 2nd February.
My ppp has arrived in Leipzig/Germany and is currently being cleared by customs. I hope the taxes won't be quite so high. However, the expected import duties should be

72,13 EUR, if the online calculator from customs is correct.
(01-26-2022, 11:37 AM)Truemmerer Wrote: My ppp has arrived in Leipzig/Germany and is currently being cleared by customs. I hope the taxes won't be quite so high. However, the expected import duties should be

72,13 EUR, if the online calculator from customs is correct.
Okey... DHL has just sent me the invoice. In Germany, EUR 87.01 will be due. DHL collected another EUR 14.88.

I am looking forward to it Smile
Received the Pine Phone Pro a few hours ago.  My first experience with the original OS is that I can't get the phone to wake up without taking the battery out and then starting it up.  Also the system updates, asks to reboot, after rebooting, it states that the update failed and offers to repair system, then it goes through the same cycle again.

I was able to install gajim but it never leaves the initial gajim logo screen.

The adventure awaits...  Wink
errr...
Mine bounced all around Hong Kong Monday and Tuesday, -- Now it shows for Wednesday and Thursday "Shipment on Hold" still in Hong Kong.

It does still predict Delivery on Friday (28th) ...... ?

Looks like the old DHL and this "New DHL Express" are not the same at doing their job.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pinephone Pro for a Debian user? primesocial 2 122 04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 0 458 03-20-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: ashoka232
  PinePhone Pro Black Screen CrimsenRaven 2 351 03-16-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  PinePhone Pro Review tmoj 2 610 03-14-2024, 07:14 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 686 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
Question Phone call with the pinephone pro dfs 5 4,186 02-10-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Average Joe review of Pinephone Pro (March 2023) alaraajavamma 6 10,199 01-06-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
Question T-Mobile and Pinephone Pro in the US jydoxcen 4 795 01-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Pinephone Pro Screen Protector jydoxcen 11 1,370 12-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone Pro does not start with RE button pressed c0ssan 10 5,313 09-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: R0bbi3Mack