Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition to start shipping
Rainbow 
As per the Pine64 notice,  ---->  this batch of the Explorer Edition phones will begin shipping the week of January 24 ..!

Who has got their Pine64 email notice that    "Your order is ready"    ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
hi there

not jet, still waiting....
if i refresh more often I'll crash firefox !! :-)
i guest - hope that tomorrow I'll get the email.
i can wait..

cu
My "order is complete". Now to wait till DHL admits they have it then ...

ps - just had SMS and email from DHL with eta Friday 28th.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
got the email today, estimated delivery 27 January Smile
Mine is due January 31!
YES !
I got the sms text from DHL this morning.
They expect to deliver my new Pine phone Pro by Friday the 28th of January !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hello

I got my ppp sent but i get an unpleasant surprise from customs offices.
140€ taxes, that was unexpected and this is a lot, this is too much.
Total cost 399$+ 30 tax + 140 €. GRRRRRRRR Impostos del nassos!!
Never in my life i expend so much money to buy smartphone.
Never mind... is the ***** taxes.

cu
This Pine phone Pro is the most expensive cell phone I have ever purchased, I think my old radio phone may have cost this much.
Too long ago to remember for certain.

... The Brave Heart phone was a Gamble for me, but that gamble paid-off big time (for me).

I have felt confident when I ordered my following Convergent phones.

So just a little nervous spending $400+ on a 'beta' phone, but it is exciting being so close to the "Front Lines" of the Linux phone development. !

Thank you Pine64 ---> for this opportunity to take part in the Advancement of a better/cleaner phone .
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Well, since all of you are getting your phone, two to four days before I get mine, I expect you all to get busy and eliminate all the bugs before I get mine. Wink
This is as exciting as waiting for my very first Linux Brave Heart phone !

From the Brave Heart to the later Convergent phones, there was not a huge difference.

The jump from the Convergence phone to the Pine phone Pro, is a pretty big jump, or so it appears.

Every release so far, there are always a few who cannot figure out to remove the tape from the battery,

** Then they come on the forum screaming that they have received a defective phone.

If there is a real problem, then there will be a lot of posts talking about this problem.

If you are the only person with a particular problem.... maybe the phone is not defective.

(01-24-2022, 03:46 PM)Otter Wrote: Well, since all of you are getting your phone, two to four days before I get mine, I expect you all to get busy and eliminate all the bugs before I get mine. Wink

The problems will be varied,  if they are Linux problems,  it can show up across all or most of the OSes.

While there will also be some problems within  distribution(s) not seen across all systems.

The factory installed operating systems tend to be "Outdated" by the time we receive our new phones.

What operating system will you try first..?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pinephone Pro for a Debian user? primesocial 2 170 04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 0 493 03-20-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: ashoka232
  PinePhone Pro Black Screen CrimsenRaven 2 372 03-16-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  PinePhone Pro Review tmoj 2 652 03-14-2024, 07:14 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 715 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
Question Phone call with the pinephone pro dfs 5 4,237 02-10-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Average Joe review of Pinephone Pro (March 2023) alaraajavamma 6 10,287 01-06-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
Question T-Mobile and Pinephone Pro in the US jydoxcen 4 833 01-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Pinephone Pro Screen Protector jydoxcen 11 1,416 12-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone Pro does not start with RE button pressed c0ssan 10 5,380 09-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: R0bbi3Mack