Implementing ANCS
For those of you who don't know, Infinitime does not work out-of-the-box with iPhones - like, at all. This is because Apple uses a proprietary service for notifications and music control, but it seems to be documented. I want to get cracking at this, but I'll be honest: I have basically no experience working with BLE. If anyone here has any suggestions on the direction I should go, your help would be much appreciated. 

Here is the situation as I understand it:

a. Infinitime (on which I will be basing my work) is not set up to advertise like a regular BLE device.
b. If I am not mistaken, ANCS requires the NC (notification consumer) to be advertised like a regular device, so that iOS can do its GATT thing. If I am again not mistaken, this is why 3rd party apps cannot bond the watch with the phone.

I plan to make a quick-and-dirty (but working) script on a computer, learning as much as I can for the real thing.
My ultimate goal is to have working code in a pull request in the Infinitime Github.

Like I said, any ideas, thoughts, or notable resources would be invaluable, wish me luck.
interesting...
(01-21-2022, 04:21 PM)wanderer_ Wrote: For those of you who don't know, Infinitime does not work out-of-the-box with iPhones - like, at all. This is because Apple uses a proprietary service for notifications and music control, but it seems to be documented. I want to get cracking at this, but I'll be honest: I have basically no experience working with BLE. If anyone here has any suggestions on the direction I should go, your help would be much appreciated. 

Here is the situation as I understand it:

a. Infinitime (on which I will be basing my work) is not set up to advertise like a regular BLE device.
b. If I am not mistaken, ANCS requires the NC (notification consumer) to be advertised like a regular device, so that iOS can do its GATT thing. If I am again not mistaken, this is why 3rd party apps cannot bond the watch with the phone.

I plan to make a quick-and-dirty (but working) script on a computer, learning as much as I can for the real thing.
My ultimate goal is to have working code in a pull request in the Infinitime Github.

Like I said, any ideas, thoughts, or notable resources would be invaluable, wish me luck.

There is an IOS app called GATTBrowser that can detect InfiniTime and will communicate with it.  You can set the time on the watch for example.

Hugh