How to use "ufw" firewall with Waydroid?
Waydroid is still unbelievable. No problems. I can access the internet fine with my firewall "ufw" disabled. When I enable "ufw", I get no connection. I tried some basic allow rules for ufw and tried to allow the IP address listed on the "About" page inside Lineage OS, but still no luck. Before I break something, I wanted to ask for advice.

What do I need to do to let Waydroid through "ufw" (firewall) and access the internet? I have a VPN running, but there are no issues with this at all. I am comfortable with working in the terminal and I know about the rules file in /etc/ufw. Will there be some "routing" rules and if so, what would they be? When I looked a my network, I saw "waydroid0" along with "wlan0" and the rest.

Thanks for your time.
It's Fixed! Waydroid, ufw, and the VPN have been working together well for a couple of days now. I read something here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Waydroid

under "Network". I did not do this step initially when I installed Waydroid. I had to make sure the Waydroid image was getting DNS traffic. It did say Waydroid was supposed to work out of the box, but I did this fix anyway to make sure.

Something not related to the problem happened and I had to reflash with the latest Arch image date 2022/01/24:

https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...h/releases

I installed ufw and did the changes from the site mentioned above and then installed Waydroid.

It all works now and I can use Waydroid with my Arch Linux native VPN. I tested both the native side and the Waydroid side with "browserleaks.com" and it showed the same VPN server. I tested with various other servers, restarted, powered down, powered up, and no problems. I did a back up after I set my phone back up the way I like it.

Waydroid is extremely stable and I have kept it running for awhile.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waydroid on Arch Linux ARM install guide? tk1107 3 5,458 10-08-2022, 07:46 AM
Last Post: PineFone