APN Interface
In the late 80's I was paying Verizon over a thousand per month for bare basic cell service.

At that time the move to Tracfone was a real wallet saver ... But times have changed a lot since them.

Have you tried Simply ? it's another T-mobile reseller, I tried for a month about 15 months back, everything worked at that time, including data & hot spot.

Hopefully.... when one door closes, another door opens.. ?

Purism offers cellular service, and it is even "anonymous", but it is a little pricey.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-14-2022, 11:47 PM)bcnaz Wrote: In the late 80's I was paying Verizon over a thousand per month for bare basic cell service.

At that time the move to Tracfone was a real wallet saver ...  But times have changed a lot since them.

Have you tried Simply ?  it's another T-mobile reseller,  I tried for a month about 15 months back,  everything worked at that time, including data & hot spot.

Hopefully.... when one door closes,  another door opens.. ?

Purism offers cellular service,  and it is even "anonymous",  but it is a little pricey.

Wow, you were paying Verizon $1000 a month for them to issue an unshielded microwave to carry next to your body? Um, I didn't think Tracfone was that old. Ten years ago I went from Verizon to TF and started paying less than 1/4 what I had been per month, only difference was the abysmal customer service every few years when an issue came up.

Simply looks pricey compared to some of the MVNO options that _should_ work and it doesn't have a hotspot does it? Regardless T-mobile looks like a dead end for my home area.

I got US Mobile to work with another old phone I had hanging around, so I seem to have my hotspot needs met for now. For some reason only wifi hotspot works, when I try to USB tether to save batteries, traffic gets throttled or something.

Mint is refusing to refund me my money since, by the time their tech department determined I didn't have T-mobile service, the window for refunds had expired. The customer rep I was working with at the time went to his manager and told me they would make an exception and give a refund because it was their lag problem, then the next day I get an email that I'm not eligible for the refund. F- Deadpool. I'll see if I can activate one of their SIMs in the Pinephone to use when I travel since they are charging me for the service anyway.

Still would be nice to find a Verizon MVNO that allows hotspot and works with the pp. US Mobile said no to the Quectel IMEI...
An AT&T tech once mentioned the modem was AT&T approved as a data modem.
But he did NOT say it was 'not approved' for voice, and I did not ask.

Wonder if Purism offers their Carrier services to the Pine phones ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Yes they do, only $100. USD a month, unlimited everything.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team