KKeyboard: FN+num row does not type what is printed.
Ok, this is odd and I don't know if it is the keyboard clam shell case (henceforth, "keyboard") or an interaction with a problem with Manjaro Phosh and the keyboard.

I am using Manjaro Phosh Beta 20.0 with the English (US) keyboard layout (Input method).

According to the keyboard key prints. for Fn+1 - Fn+0, I should see the following when I type: | \ £ € ~ . - = - +

Instead  what I see is: \ \ $ € ' ' - = - =  Note both the missing symbols and the repetitions.  If I switch to German, I get some different characters, but the same pattern of repetitions.

Anyone else seeing this?  Please identify which OS you are using.
Yes, seeing the same, Manjaro-ARM
I see the same. Postmarketos/SXMO.
Same on Mobian

Most likely a firmware error
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I just tested shift-Fn-Numkeys 1-0 and I get:

| | $ € ~ ~ _+_+

Good news, get the missing symbols. But still the repeating pattern.
There seems to be a few errors in the firmware that got thru into this first semi-public release.

Besides mis-reading the keyboard keys, -  the battery charging needs some adjusting,  -  and possibly some other input errors.

For most basic uses the keyboard does  'work'  -  and,  it is a very interesting accessory available for all the Pine phones.

PLEASE - Remember this is Beta hardware, + Beta Firmware, + Beta Software  =  ?    < So actually quite AMAZING  with all things considered.>

It will get even better as it gets updated
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)bcnaz Wrote: There seems to be a few errors in the firmware that got thru into this first semi-public release.

Besides mis-reading the keyboard keys, -  the battery charging needs some adjusting,  -  and possibly some other input errors.

For most basic uses the keyboard does  'work'  -  and,  it is a very interesting accessory available for all the Pine phones.

PLEASE - Remember this is Beta hardware, + Beta Firmware, + Beta Software  =  ?    < So actually quite AMAZING  with all things considered.>

I agree.  Mostly, I was just trying to make the observation, provide information and make sure it wasn't just me or something I was doing wrong. Actually, thhis keyboard is amazing, flaws and all.
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)bcnaz Wrote: There seems to be a few errors in the firmware that got thru into this first semi-public release.

Very worth noting, the keyboard isn't beta hardware. On the store page for it the word beta is not used and in the marketing they didn't mention this as a beta device. Your phone is beta and Phosh is beta but you keyboard and the firmware are not beta according to anything Pine64 has said.
Yeah, ---> perhaps they could have been a bit more "accurate" in their description.

But they have shared some information with us, as they were working on 'getting the keyboard ready' to be released.

We have seen people complain about the Pine phone, while it Does have 'warnings about NOT being consumer ready' ....

They DID "Warn" me about the Brave Heart Pine phone, I bought it anyway... and I am really glad I did. !

We definitely need all the developers we can get onboard, --> to help move the Linux powered phones ahead.

BUT, as I have shown as a strictly GUI user, I have been able to use my Pine phones because I have put in the extra effort.

It may help to have 'Developer skills' but a Linux Enthusiast can do it also ...
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-22-2022, 01:44 PM)Hook Wrote: I just tested shift-Fn-Numkeys 1-0 and I get:

| | $ € ~ ~ _+_+

Good news, get the missing symbols. But still the repeating pattern.

That's good, at least you can get to those even if awkward. I just got my keyboard today and the lack of the Unix pipe character was really annoying. Using shift-Fn-numkeys works as you describe.

How do you get to the PC function keys? (It looks only like F1-F10 are printed on the keycaps but not sure how or if it's possible to get to those.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Printed PinePhone stand simoni 13 12,259 12-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: patrickmollohan
  Booklet type / flip case User 16030 13 16,178 10-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: User 16030