New order
I just ordered today (18 of january) but my order says 19 of january .. does that mean that shipping will happen late february ? and that i've been bamboozle by Time zone ?
Has Pine sent you an email  acknowledging your order ?

I think Luke said the first window for the Explorer Edition was thru today the 18th ?  ?
then the next window is the 19th thru __ ?    but I think even the second window will still be ready to ship before the CNY ?  (Hopefully)

I was afraid of missing the First window myself so I got my order in on Sunday,  even though my PayPal account was short of funds.

Then we had the M.L.K. Holiday on Monday  --  so all the banks were still closed on Monday.

I managed to get the cash into my PayPal account today (Tuesday)  before the shortage showed up.

The Holidays had left my PayPal account a little Drained.

--> (I was at the front of the line for my first Pinebook Pro, and Brave Heart phone)

I'm in Arizona,  the south western USA
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Yes I've got an email , But nothing state when it's going to ship
(01-18-2022, 02:52 PM)kaida Wrote: I just ordered today (18 of january) but my order says 19 of january .. does that mean that shipping will happen late february ? and that i've been bamboozle by Time zone ?

Aaargh - I just noticed my order @ 17h27 UTC on 17 January has been labelled 18 January in the email acknowledgment, presumably Hong Kong or similar?

My logic says they were going on sale at 7pm UTC therefore UTC should prevail but seems I have a long wait ahead!

But yup, was always clear your order needed to be on 17 Jan or earlier for shipment before CNY, orders on 18th or later are after CNY.

ps - if I fail to make the pre-CNY cut I should be at the front of the grumpy queue as the debit went through on my credit card on 17 Jan
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-19-2022, 08:00 AM)kaida Wrote: Yes I've got an email , But nothing state when it's going to ship

There is no time defined gap between the "received your order email"

and "Your order is complete email"  but when you do get the second email, then you will soon be notified by the shipper.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Good to know
Folk in China wake up 14 hours before I do. In Poland they wake up 7 hours before I do. Right now it is 8:30 pm Jan 23 for me, and it is 10:30 am Jan 24 in China so by the time I wake up, hopefully my new Pinephone Pro Explorer will have shipped!

I humbly suggest that us members of the Explorer club need to arrange an app for the phone that gives us a secret decoder ring.
The floodgates are now open. DHL has gotten the shipping information so it probably has not been picked up yet, but with any luck, in a few more hours, I will be able to start tracking it and know when it is likely to show up.
Back when I purchased my other Pinephones, ---> DHL was delivering to many of the USA locations in about 24 hours.

I guess that was TOO GOOD to continue. But all things considered,

I guess taking 5 - 7 days is "acceptable these days".
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I also got my order complete email , expected delivery the 3rd of February , quite pleased when i thought i would be in the second batch for the end of February.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? rksomayaji 4 2,728 04-01-2022, 03:25 PM
Last Post: nande
  Boot order Barugon 13 7,881 03-11-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: kaida