flatpack on mobian
Does anyone know how to install flatpack on mobian? It's not findable in the "software" app, and 'apt-get install flatpack' returns that it can't find the package. I found one forum thread which suggested that flatpack is available through the unstable repository. If this is true, is there a way to switch to unable for just this package?
It's flatpak, not flatpack. Maybe that helps :-)
Ah, indeed it is. In fact, it's already installed. Thanks! I'll mark this thread as 'solved'.
Does anyone know how to uninstall flatpak on Mobian Bookworm? It seems to be installed by default, but I don't want to install software through anything else than apt, because I don't trust it. When I try to remove flatpak it also wants to remove packages like mobian-phosh.
(01-19-2022, 10:20 AM)beta-user Wrote: Does anyone know how to uninstall flatpak on Mobian Bookworm? It seems to be installed by default, but I don't want to install software through anything else than apt, because I don't trust it. When I try to remove flatpak it also wants to remove packages like mobian-phosh.

It's more important then to remove any flatpak installed + any repository. Once you do that, and if you never download and manually install a flatpak, you won't accidentally install any.
(01-19-2022, 08:30 PM)pajux Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 10:20 AM)beta-user Wrote: Does anyone know how to uninstall flatpak on Mobian Bookworm? It seems to be installed by default, but I don't want to install software through anything else than apt, because I don't trust it. When I try to remove flatpak it also wants to remove packages like mobian-phosh.

It's more important then to remove any flatpak installed + any repository. Once you do that, and if you never download and manually install a flatpak, you won't accidentally install any.

I haven't installed anything through flatpak. I don't think I've used it at all and it seems that it's included by default in Mobian and required by phosh. I don't understand why. Is phosh installed and updated through flatpak? I would have to check on a fresh install to be sure.
(01-20-2022, 05:38 AM)beta-user Wrote: I haven't installed anything through flatpak. I don't think I've used it at all and it seems that it's included by default in Mobian and required by phosh. I don't understand why. Is phosh installed and updated through flatpak? I would have to check on a fresh install to be sure.

Because Phosh as originally envisioned by Purism, would have all end-user applications distributed as Flatpaks. And I suppose for Mobian, flatpak is installed by default to avoid breaking that, and because it's useful for many people -- for a while, for example, Fractal (a Matrix client) was only distributed as a flatpak (something I think the Debian team has remediated Wink )
(01-25-2022, 09:39 PM)pajux Wrote: Because Phosh as originally envisioned by Purism, would have all end-user applications distributed as Flatpaks. And I suppose for Mobian, flatpak is installed by default to avoid breaking that, and because it's useful for many people -- for a while, for example, Fractal (a Matrix client) was only distributed as a flatpak (something I think the Debian team has remediated Wink )

That's pretty weird! For me it's a big flaw. Flatpak is a less secure alternative to apt. I checked the phosh package in Debian and I don't see flatpak as a dependency. So either I missed it or it must be possible to use Phosh without Flatpak.
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...ll-flatpak

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,512 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,710 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,686 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,110 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy