HP_JACK not activated at power-up
I can't get any output signal at the I2S output, hope my bug report will fix this.
But until this is solved would I like to use the HP_Jack for audio output.  

The output do only work if the connector is inserted after power-up. if the jack plug is inserted before power up, will the output not be activated. I have tested it with Remix and android.

At the schematic is there a note2: Mount R100 3.3K This resistor is a very small 0402 resistor (less and 1*2mm)
I can't see where is it should be located at the PCB. 

Do anyone know if this issue will be solved if R100 is mounted (if not mounted already)?

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=807
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(06-29-2016, 07:55 AM)xalius Wrote: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=807

Hi xalius,

How do I run these scripts with a Remix installation?

I have tested if a 3.3K resistor between pin 3 and GND will make any difference. No still no audio output unless I do a unplug - plug operation at the HP_JACK output.

The link to IRC chat do not work for me.
Hi, sorry can't really help with Remix/Android since I have no clue how the sound system there works... the IRC chat link should work, sometimes the webclient is not reachable for a couple minutes though...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
A manual short circuit of pin 3 and 4 reset the HP_JACK audio output. when the short circuit is removed is the audio output activated.
I will now see if I can write an app or a small script to do this (setting / resetting a GPIO pin controlling a analog SW device and thereby make the short circuit)
(06-30-2016, 12:09 AM)gbjensen Wrote: A manual short circuit of pin 3 and 4 reset the HP_JACK audio output. when the short circuit is removed is the audio output activated.
I will now see if I can write an app or a small script to do this (setting / resetting a GPIO pin controlling a analog SW device and thereby make the short circuit)

Have you figured a way to make this work yet? As the audio jack loses connection on reboot or even shutting down and reopening the app using it in Android, I also need to figure a way to keep connection with it without removing and plugging back in to the audio jack. I am trying to use the pine for Square POS instead of a tablet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmouse only works on AC power? Chisel_86 4 6,912 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  power button - tactile button make and model number DevDorian 12 13,944 07-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: cpeterlotz