Importing Contacts
Have not been able to move my Google contacts to my Pinephone. I get the response that my gmail address is not valid. I have been working on Chromebooks since they came out I know the email address I am providing is valid. Any ideas on what might be happening. The problem appears to be distro independent (I have successfully installed and evaluated 4). Any thoughts, comments, or workarounds are appreciated. Thanks to members of the forum.
Since you are not saying where you are trying to sync your account, nobody can give you specific advice (I couldn't in any case since I haven't tried syncing online accounts), but I would check the output and/or debug messages of the app and then report it upstream, e.g. on the GNOME Online Accounts or GNOME Contacts bug tracker.

As a workaround to get your contacts you could just export them from your online account as .vcf and import them on your PinePhone with Evolution. You don't actually have to use Evolution afterwards, it's just needed for importing the contacts and can be removed again after that.
I have currently been trying Manjaro and trying to import my contacts from my Google account. I still cannot believe that the phone will not recognize my Google account as existing. Thank you for your help.
Switched to Mobian and found a file manager that would allow moving my contacts.vcf file. I installed Evolution and used the import manager to import the .vcf file into Contacts. It worked. Now when I open my Contacts app (not Evolution) my contacts show up. The app has a slight problem in that it still wants to be default go to an account to get data. When I hit the back arrow the contacts list out ready to use. Thanks for the suggestion and workaround.
Yeah you are totally at their mercy. And good luck trying to reach a human. LOL! All the more reason to jettison them completely.

Something like Radicale (CalDAV/CardDAV server) is actually quite easy to self-host on even very modest hardware (SBC).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to backup Contacts in Gnome / Posh ? gab 2 2,814 06-27-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: gab
  Importing vcf, country prefix problem workaround p1trson 3 4,294 12-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: cybercow
Question manjaro, dial app <---> contacts app tommaso 0 1,292 11-23-2020, 01:46 AM
Last Post: tommaso