Is there a way to increase the battery life of the PinePhone?
(12-24-2021, 06:12 AM)Avisando Wrote: I would like to know if there is a way to increase the battery life of the PinePhone as it is very difficult to last all day (even when doing almost nothing).

I have already :
- disable wifi/4G/bluetooth
- disable automatic rotation
- adjust the brightness to the strict minimum
- close background applications

And it is enough that during the day I receive two or three calls of barely a minute and that I take ten photos so that I find myself at less than 10% after ten hours.

So if someone would have a solution to this problem I would be grateful for it.

Thanks in advance Smile

The new keyboard is an available option now, I am using one now,
It has a double sized battery in it, added to the phones battery, it gives triple the current runtime.
It is a bit larger package this way, it is now sort of a mini laptop.
My first post using the keyboard.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I’m on Mobian, had the phone out for 10 hours (work), made a dozen or so calls and email, still at 50%; had really bad battery life with Manjaro.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(01-20-2022, 09:06 AM)dachalife Wrote: I’m on Mobian, had the phone out for 10 hours (work), made a dozen or so calls and email, still at 50%; had really bad battery life with Manjaro.

Interesting, I think I'll try Mobian again these days : )

(01-19-2022, 10:51 PM)bcnaz Wrote: The new keyboard is an available option now, I am using one now,
It has a double sized battery in it, added to the phones battery, it gives triple the current runtime.
It is a bit larger package this way, it is now sort of a min laptop.

Yeah I saw that and it's pretty awesome.
To make calls the keyboard is not too disturbing?
(01-20-2022, 12:50 PM)Avisando Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 09:06 AM)dachalife Wrote: I’m on Mobian, had the phone out for 10 hours (work), made a dozen or so calls and email, still at 50%; had really bad battery life with Manjaro.

Interesting, I think I'll try Mobian again these days  : )

(01-19-2022, 10:51 PM)bcnaz Wrote: The new keyboard is an available option now, I am using one now,
It is a bit larger package this way, it is now sort of a min laptop.

Yeah I saw that and it's pretty awesome.
To make calls the keyboard is not too disturbing?

Just got my keyboard yesterday afternoon,  and I am using it on one of my "test" phones, I have not made a call on it yet.
I am planning on trying that with an earphone,  the onboard microphone should work ok.
Perhaps speaker phone will suffice ?  The echo seems to almost disappear if you turn down the microphone volume.
Would only need an ear phone for private conversations.
But yes, putting a keyboard to your ear does not sound comfortable.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-20-2022, 06:28 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Just got my keyboard yesterday afternoon,  and I am using it on one of my "test" phones, I have not made a call on it yet.
I am planning on trying that with an earphone,  the onboard microphone should work ok.
Perhaps speaker phone will suffice ?  The echo seems to almost disappear if you turn down the microphone volume.
Would only need an ear phone for private conversations.
But yes, putting a keyboard to your ear does not sound comfortable.

Thanks for these informations  Smile
I frequently use a wired earphone headset that has a built-in microphone with the Pinephone since otherwise it can be difficult to hear in a noisy environment.

The only issue I've found is that for the microphone to work you need to plug the headset in while the first call is in progress. (If you plug it in before the first call, the microphone does not work. Not sure why. It's kind of bizarre.) After this is done with the initial call it seems to work OK for subsequent calls as long as the headset stays plugged in. I don't have my keyboard yet but suspect that this will be the best way to use the phone+keyboard combo.

Hopefully at some point we'll have bluetooth audio working for calls.
Of interest,
While I was on the forum yesterday using my new keyboard on my phone, I started by using my cellular data and browsed the forum for quite some time,

but when I tried to log-in to the forum to respond to a post, it refused to let me log-in.

when I swapped from cellular data to wifi, I logged-in on the first try. ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-21-2022, 11:18 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Of interest,
While I was on the forum yesterday using my new keyboard on my phone,  I started by using my cellular data and browsed the forum for quite some time,

but when I tried to log-in to the forum to respond to a post, it refused to let me log-in.

when I swapped from cellular data to wifi,  I logged-in on the first try.  ?

Keyboard Layout wrong?
Test your Layout within a Textfile?
APN Settings ok?

Ciao
Walter
That was one of my test phones with the new keyboard attached.
I will try again later when I remove the keyboard,  and see what happens.

Beta hardware + Beta software =   Huh    or     Big Grin

** (The APN is correct, -- I was using cell data to browse the web and forum when I could not log into the forum.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,145 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,524 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 463 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 383 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,604 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,669 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 993 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma