Call waiting issue
So I have done some poking around. I downgraded the calls app to version 41.0 same issue. I tried downgrading to 0.3.4 but the package would not build so I downgraded to 0.3.3 and found that call waiting did not kick me off so I am guessing the issue started between the big version jumps of 0.3.4 and 41.0.

I ended up re installing 41.1 because 0.3.3 is not super stable as far as receiving phone calls. Sometimes they just do not go through so the call waiting issue is the lesser of the two evils. Anyway hopefully someone who knows more then me will get a look at this.

Ill try posting in a few other places.

Thanks
So I revisited this and got it to work but it is not a great outcome. I still wanted to post how-to in case this can help someone down the road;

Install atinout;
Code:
sudo pacman -S atinout

this line starts the command and opens a text file for the output
Code:
atinout - /dev/ttyUSB2 out.txt << EOF

May need to use this device instead of USB2
Code:
atinout - /dev/EG25.AT out.txt <<EOF

then you put your command in the line below
Code:
> AT+CCWA=0,2

then you end the command with this

Code:
>EOF

The output will be in out.txt because that was what was specified in the opening part of the command

Couple things to note.

Turning on call waiting is

Code:
> AT+CCWA=0,1

Turning off call waiting is
Code:
> AT+CCWA=0,0

The problem is with call waiting off you don't get a notification someone tried to call it sends them direct to voicemail and you have no idea someone tried to call you.
I am not sure what is worse getting no notification someone tried to call or getting kicked off the current call when someone else tries to call

Maybe there is a third option that allows you to not have call waiting but get a notification someone tried to call?
I can confirm that I also have this issue with call waiting, but on Mobian. 

-john
(01-27-2022, 11:06 PM)johns Wrote: I can confirm that I also have this issue with call waiting, but on Mobian. 

-john

So I have decided (since visual voicemail works pretty well) that I would rather not get the call then get kicked off my current call and disabled called waiting which so far the setting has stuck across reboots. Where do we file this bug? With our respective OS devs or the devs for gnome calls?

Being that the older version of gnome-calls on arch linux does not have this problem I am guessing we file this bug with gnome-calls as the problem has seemed to occur from something in one of the updates?
I actually like the idea of disabling call waiting. Even with a simple flip phone I never got the hang of using it and would have no problem with the 2nd call going direct to voicemail.

Question on the atinout commands... If AT+CCWA=0,0 disables call waiting and AT+CCWA=0,1 enables it, what does the first command shown, AT+CCWA=0,2, do?
(01-28-2022, 09:03 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: I actually like the idea of disabling call waiting. Even with a simple flip phone I never got the hang of using it and would have no problem with the 2nd call going direct to voicemail.

Question on the atinout commands... If AT+CCWA=0,0 disables call waiting and AT+CCWA=0,1 enables it, what does the first command shown, AT+CCWA=0,2, do?

0,2 gives you the current status of the modem like an output of what mode its in as far as call waiting goes.

Also upgrading the modem to the latest firmware helped setting call waiting on or off, it gave me errors before i updated the modems firmware but now changing the status seems to work nearly every time.

I tried turning on call waiting yesterday since gnome-calls got an update but the bug persists so I returned to call waiting disabled.
(01-27-2022, 07:00 PM)kmsgli Wrote: So I revisited this and got it to work but it is not a great outcome. I still wanted to post how-to in case this can help someone down the road...

Hello!

Is this solution working for you with VoLTE calls?

My carrier (DNA, Finland) told me this:
This and USSD codes are only for 3G or 2G calls.
If Call waiting is disabled and you are in 2G or 3G (DNA) the call does not end up to the phone at all if the line is busy
In VoLTE (DNA) call will go trough but it can be stop with phone own setups - in this case it should be Gnome Calls but as we know it is not ideally working currently Smile
(04-10-2022, 12:11 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 07:00 PM)kmsgli Wrote: So I revisited this and got it to work but it is not a great outcome. I still wanted to post how-to in case this can help someone down the road...

Hello!

If Call waiting is disabled and you are in 2G or 3G (DNA) the call does not end up to the phone at all if the line is busy
In VoLTE (DNA) call will go trough but it can be stop with phone own setups - in this case it should be Gnome Calls but as we know it is not ideally working currently Smile

I am honestly not sure, I do not believe my phone is using VoLTE.
(04-10-2022, 12:11 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:

Hello!

how the user inteface is built in pinephone o.s., i recommend disabling call waiting altogether.

i'm not sure though, but call waiting works with volte, if device has user interface for it. but i haven't used call waiting for years. so, i don't know how well call waiting works with volte.

however, those special commands like call waiting, call forwarding, ussd and possible others do not (mostly) work on volte. they may (not) work on lte network, regardless is volte operational or not. still, when doing those commands, i recommend downgrading to gsm(2g) or umts(3g).

instructions on this thread is, how to disable call waiting until support for it is better.
(04-11-2022, 05:28 AM)zetabeta Wrote: instructions on this thread is, how to disable call waiting until support for it is better.

With my carrier (DNA, Finland):
Yes you need to downgrade to 3G or 2G to disable/enable Call waiting
But there is no such thing as "disable call waiting in VoLTE calls*" - so if I disable Call waiting it affects only in 3G and 2G.
I noticed it by accident and I had to confirm it from DNA Finland.

*as we know it from 2G or 3G where it is somehow handed by carrier.

So currently only workaround is to use 3G or 2G only modes Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 1 154 03-22-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  debugging issue realted to iso image wth extra data eror penguins_rule 1 107 03-21-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,617 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Internal Microphone issue during calls Viktor 6 2,319 03-31-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Viktor
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,219 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Unable to hear caller or speak after answering a call danimations 5 3,894 11-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Weird call... Eugo 3 1,875 09-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Eugo
  New issue with phone calls kmsgli 13 6,304 08-15-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Gon
  Pinephone craches after each call neithan76 2 1,534 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Chief
  Can't call or receive calls PJK2012 3 2,747 04-26-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: PJK2012